"Then turn up the tv," Shawn yelled back. He wasn't surprised when she did just that.

Now Katy was facing him, a determined look on her face as she said, "It sounds like you're ready to give up?"

"I don't want to," Shawn replied. "But is there any hope after almost a year."

"More like seven months," Katy told him. "Don't round up." She paused then added, "Also actively trying, and not preventing it are not the same thing."

"What are you saying?" he asked.

"I'm saying we could go to a clinic," Katy explained. "We could keep track of my cycle. Actively try."

"It seems like a lot to ask," Shawn whispered. Though she was on board, it always felt to Shawn like he wanted this more than she did.

"It isn't," Katy said kindly, lifting her hand to stroke his face and gazing at him as though trying to peer into his very soul. "I didn't realize how much you wanted this."

"Neither did I," Shawn sighed before leaning in and kissing her deeply. His hands pulled her close against his body.

Pulling out of the kiss to breath, Shawn whispered in her ear, "Sometimes I think I love you more everyday."

The bright sunlight blinded him as he pulled the camera away from his eyes. Blinking, he adjusted his hat to try and block the sun. Sunglasses weren't really an option for the photographer since it altered the lighting around him too much.

"Move in a little closer," Shawn told the family in front of him as he gestured to the side meant to move. Bringing the camera back up to this face, Shawn tested the shot. It was better but still off somehow. He took a few pictures of this set up anyway in case they were better in post, then gave new instructs. Just as the children were sitting together, one of the family dogs escaped it's owners clutches gleefully running off.

"Let's take five everyone," Shawn laughed as at least two people chased after the dog.

It was true he'd liked his other job better, but when today was done, Shawn was going home rather than to a hotel which made every moment worth it.

Once the dog was again cooperating, he got everyone back into position and managed to get a few more good shots before the sun moved behind a building ruining his light. After that, it was single portraits in the studio and smaller group shots. A few hours later, Shawn shook their hands and said he'd call them to come choose their favourite photos in about a week once he'd had a chance to short through them all.

As his work day come to an end, Shawn got in his car and drove onto the highway. Arriving home, Shawn got to work on his computer going through the photos. Some were fine as they were but others needed a little adjustment in photoshop. There were a few he just deleted, like the time he'd accidentally taken a photo of his feet.

"Shawn," his wife's voice called down the hall to him.

"I'm almost done," Shawn called back through the slightly adjacent door. Most likely he'd been working longer than he'd thought and she was calling him for dinner. It wouldn't be the first time that had happened. He was therefore surprised when he heard her voice much closer. Shawn turned and saw his wife walk into the room.

"I will really just be a minute," Shawn told her. "You didn't have to collect me."

She didn't speak, but the grin on her face told him this wasn't about dinner. With one finger she gestured for him to follow her, then turned and walked out of the room. Intrigued, Shawn got up at once and followed. He knew where she was going almost at once or so he thought, but she didn't turn into their bedroom. Instead she went left into the empty room Shawn spent his energy these days not thinking about.