↣ Chapter Twenty Four ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

D A D D Y 

I S S U E S 

I S S U E S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Chris led the way into Magnus' apartment. Camille had been yapping in his ear the whole way there, and they were all sick of the sound of her voice though. There would be someone though, who would turn red as soon as he saw that Chris had brought the one vampire he hated yet loved more than anyone else in the world into his home. Magnus would probably die right on the spot once he noticed the female in the red dress.

"So Magnus-" Chris froze as Camille's voice called out the warlock making himself a drink. Catarina and Caroline were curled up on the couch, looking at apartments they could move into. There was an empty one downstairs, but they wanted to have a bunch of options before they decided to move downstairs. Caroline claimed that she didn't particularly want to have to listen to her brother fucking on the floor above her, and Catarina had immediately hit her with a pillow. Magnus spun around at the sound of the voice, his eyes widened. "-how long has it been? One hundred? One hundred fifty years?"

"One hundred and thirty eight." Magnus' voice was tight. Catarina was on her feet in seconds, a look of rage settled into the crevices of her blue skin. She didn't have to hide away when surrounded by her family, it was only when she left the apartment did she change the colour of her skin. "Oddly I didn't miss you."

"Of course you have, my love."

"You fucking bitch!" seethed Catarina. Caroline was already tugging her out of the room, shooting Chris a look as if to say 'help me' and so the blonde rushed over to his mum, helping his sister get her out of the room. He could hear Clary say that the two could catch up later, but he knew that Magnus would never have that.

"Mum, mum, you have to calm down!" Caroline was saying as they tried to force the raging Catarina to sit down on the end of the bed she was currently using while they stayed at Magnus' place.

"Why did you bring that brat here?" Catarina shouted at her son. The boy spun around to face his mother, his eyes showing every little bit of hurt that he felt.

"If we don't get her the Writ, she won't give us the book, meaning we can't wake Jocelyn!"

"Who cares? Magnus is obviously hurting out there because of her!"

"You should care mum! Because if we can't wake Jocelyn, then Valentine's gonna be terrorising us again! We cannot follow a policy of appeasement mother, not again! We stop him by doing whatever we can, even if Magnus has to get hurt a little!"

"Wouldn't your father be bloody proud of you?"

"What?" Chris froze. Caroline had gasped, and Catarina's hand flew up to her mouth. Her eyes flooded with guilt as Chris allowed a tear to trickle down his cheek. His mouth had dropped open slightly.