↣ Chapter Twenty ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

F R E S H 

T E A R S 

T E A R S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

"Stop doing that!"

Magnus sighed as Chris ran his fingers through his hair, tugging at his roots. Catarina and Caroline sat on the couch on either side of the blonde, sharing looks over his bent over body. Magnus was standing in front of him, pushing his phone back into his pocket. He had just text Alec to bring him over. Apparently he needed to see him, but the warlocks knew the real meaning he had brought him over.

It had been three days since the trial. Three days since Chris had left the Institute, tears running over his cheeks. It had rained as he had walked home. Yes, he had walked. He wanted to clear his head, to stop himself from thinking about the way Alec had looked at him. But the rain had started and hadn't stopped and by the time Chris had gotten home he was drenched, head to toe with dirty water.

Ever since, Magnus and Caroline had been trying to get Chris to phone or even just text the Shadowhunter. But he refused. He hadn't even talked to Zach. All he had done was mope in his bedroom, binge-watching Doctor Who, and eating ice cream. Caroline had joined him on the second day, but she had spent the majority of the time texting someone. When Chris had asked her, she had merely blushed and dodged all his questions. She had only just been found in five days and already she was trying to pull. It had made Chris laugh a little.

But then he got reminded of Alec and he had went back to gulping down ice cream and trying not to cry. He was probably overreacting, but Chris didn't care.

He was hurting.

Izzy had text him earlier. Chris hadn't had the heart to read it, he knew it was about the wedding. Izzy had promised to keep him up to date before, so that he knew when he had no chance left with the Shadowhunter. But it didn't matter anymore, he didn't stand a chance. Alec was going to get married. Chris would have to get over it.

"You and him need to see each other, he needs to know-"

"He knows!" Caroline flinched at the loudness of her brother's voice. He didn't even look at her. He was angry now. He didn't want to see Alec, he was hurt. His whole body ached because he was never going to be with the boy, and all he wanted now was Alec. Life was so unfair to Chris. He deserved better.

"I can't see him Mags."

There was a hand on his shoulder, and when Chris looked, Catarina was smiling softly at him. She was smiling the way a mother smiles down at her newborn baby in her arms. It was full of love and comfort. Chris wanted to curve into her body and cry.