↣ Chapter Twenty Two ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

H O M O P H O B I C 

P A R E N T S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Chris stared down at the table in front of him with a frown. Ragnor's things sat in front of him on said table as Alec stood beside of him, both of them standing so close that the hairs prickled on their arms and goosebumps rose on their flesh. Jace and Clary stood across from them, and Magnus stood at the head of the table. Chris didn't even care about where Zach, Caroline or Catarina were, they were probably at the after party. Or creating their own party.

"I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings."

Chris ran his finger over the bracelet sitting directly in front of him. He had given said bracelet to Ragnor as a 500th birthday present, but he had never seen him wear it. He just supposed the warlock didn't like the gold bracelet, inscribed with Latin. "The Stars Will Always Welcome You Home." Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Alec watching him, eyebrows drawn together.

"But I can't determine which will lead to the 'Book of the White'." Chris' head shot up at that, his mouth falling open slightly as Magnus looked at him.

"Did Ragnor really have the 'Book of the White'?" Magnus nodded and Chris looked amazed, picking up the bracelet and latching it onto his wrist. "I can't believe I gave this to him and he didn't even tell me he had the big bad book of spells." There was a snort beside him, when Chris looked, Alec tried to hide his smile.

"Wait, this bookmark!" Chris looked over at the blue and gold bookmark that Clary picked up. He recognised it but he couldn't remember how. "I've seen it before, in the alternate dimension, you showed Chris and I a book of spells, and this was in it. It must have been the 'Book of the White'."

Alec's head snapped over to Chris when he learned that he had gone through to this Alternative Reality too. Chris' cheeks heat up as he remembered the way that AU Alec had kissed him, had touched him, had loved him. He remembered the proposal and the way he had been so ready to say yes. Every so often he regretted coming home to an Alec that would never love him. Now, he felt no regret at all.

"If that's the case-" Alec looked away from Chris, back to the bookmark in Clary's hand. "-we can use the bookmark to track the owner of the book." Jace went to hold onto said bookmark, but Magnus' hand shot out, grabbing it from Clary's fingers before Jace could even touch it.

"Warlock tracking is stronger." Chris smirked and held his hand out to Magnus. Both of them took one end of the bookmark and concentrated hard. Chris scoured every single energy source of the bookmark, before the image was clear in his head.