Chapter 7: The Unexpected Joyride

A/N: Smut Warning! I accidentally wrote smut, it wasn't supposed to happen yikes and hence the title jagajaha

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Dean made his way down the corridor, he couldn't help but chuckle at having caught Cas staring at him instead of the TV. It sent a thrilling bolt up his spine; the prospect of Dean having the same effect on Cas that he had on Dean.

Dean didn't want to waste more than a few minutes away from Cas, he felt a bit cold without him, as cliché as that may sound. So Dean decided to grab any snack he could put his hands on - he could make popcorn another day. He didn't know if there would be a repeat of this, but he hoped so.

The fact that Cas was basically a beginner when it came to movies was such a great opportunity. Dean fully intended to seize it and spend more time with him as well as spoil Cas with all of his favorites.

Dean found a pack of chips and deemed it enough. The snack was mostly only to sit closer to Cas and maybe brush his fingers while reaching for a chip. Yes, Dean was that desperate. Don't hate, relate.

Soon Dean was making his way out of the royal pantry and up the stairs. He was all excited like a kindergarten kid going on his first playdate. What Dean didn't expect was to run into Alastair on the way up. Motherfucker, this wasn't good.

"My King," he almost sneered. "You shouldn't be out and about at this hour."

Dean wanted to make a snarking comment but he really didn't want to get into a foul mood right now.

"What, I can't even go get some snacks now?"

"We have servants for that, my Lord."

Dean was growing really impatient now. He considered decking Alastair in the face and go seek solace in Cas' room.

"I don't know about you, but I'd like to pick my own snacks. I don't let the servants choose whatever and then whine like a little bitch when I don't like it."

Alastair glared at him openly but didn't make a comment. Dean tried to push past him, he really wanted to get to Cas and soon.

"My Lord, I'll escort you to your chambers." Alastair's voice was sickly sweet and it made Dean's skin crawl.

"I know my way around this palace, Alastair. And I'm capable of defending myself. I don't need a bodyguard," Dean snapped.

"It's my duty, my King," Alastair smirked. That bastard. He really liked getting on Dean's nerves.

Dean knew if he tried to argue any more, he'd blow his cover and that'll only bring trouble for Cas. He's not gonna give Alastair one more reason to fuck with Cas. Dean had seen red when Crowley told him what Alastair did to Cas. He had warned the sick bastard but Dean couldn't overpower him when he had the whole fucking council - save Sammy - backing him up.

Sam was supposed to be Dean's Chief Secretary. But Alastair still holds the position due to his influence over the council. Sammy had to settle for Assistant Crown Advocate, being Law major and all.

Dean didn't want Alastair to get any more suspicious. So he decided to play along.

"Fine. Take me to my room but you gotta leave right after. I'm gonna have a movie marathon and I don't wanna be disturbed."

Which was kinda true. He didn't have to know where or with whom he was gonna watch the movie. Dean could easily slip away as soon as the slimy bastard was gone.