Chapter 6: The Movie

As soon as the question was out of his mouth, Dean felt his heart thump in anticipation. He prayed to a God he didn't believe in, hoping to hope that Cas would give a positive answer. Cas just kept staring at him and Dean was getting a bit queasy. What if he says no? Oh God, maybe he was formulating how to let Dean down gently. Shit, Dean shouldn't have let himself be that vulnerable.

Dean's thoughts were broken when Cas opened his mouth. "No," he whispered, so quietly that Dean almost missed it.

Dean could literally feel his heart shattering. Of course, he'd say no. Dean was a fucking idiot to even think that Cas might consider being his friend. Dean was nothing to Cas more than a monster who killed half his Realm and basically abused him the night before.

Dean shouldn't have even come here. He should've listened to his fucking brain's warnings. Instead he let his dumbass heart lead him right to Cas' door. Dean has never ever felt this way about anyone before and it's only been two days since he met Cas for fuck's sake!

Dean had always been someone who locked away all his emotions and put on a I-don't-have-feelings mask. But Cas had already begun to rip it away. It scared the shit out of Dean and his brain had been throwing ideas to go get laid by someone else to get over this involuntary crush. Normally, that's what he'd have done; get some booze in him, take any willing hot chick to his guest bedroom, and try to forget he ever had feelings for someone. That's what he had done when Lisa went and cheated on him. The problem here was, Dean didn't want to do that. Something in him was urging him to spend as much time with Cas as possible. Cas was just right there, so close, and Dean couldn't have him. But he was not ready to give up his opportunity to be around Cas, to get to be near him, even though having to keep his hands to himself would be torture. Dean was fucking weak okay? He just wanted to be in Cas' presence - a presence that made Dean warm all over. There was something about Cas that pulled him in like a super magnet.

But Cas didn't want his presence. He didn't want anything to do with Dean and it was understandable. But the blatant rejection still hurt like a bitch and Dean moved away, feeling the single syllable like a sting in his heart. He quickly stood up, ready to leave.

Cas stood up too, trying to bridge the distance between them. He was probably gonna apologize and give a reasoning. Of course Cas would do that. He was pure and good and everything Dean wasn't. Cas was the true embodiment of the Angels that the humans believe in and Dean didn't deserve him. Dean didn't want to hear those halfassed apologies. He really didn't wanna be there in the first place. He had to get out of there as fast as possible and go get so wasted that he forgets his own name. Yeah, that sounded like a plan.

Cas lifted his hand up as if to touch him but let it fall back down. "Dean-"

Dean interrupted Cas before he could say anything that'd have made Dean's heart heavier than it already was.

"It's fine, Cas. You don't have to explain yourself. You have every right to kick me out. I- I just want you to know that I'm truly sorry. I'll leave now. And I promise, I won't ever bother you again."

With that, he turned around and briskly walked towards the door, ready to go straight to the wine cellar and imbibe as much he can. He pulled the door knob with more force than needed, but before he could get it open fully, he was being yanked back inside and roughly turned around.

Dean could only stare wide eyed at Cas because he was so fucking close that Dean could smell his sweet scent and if Dean moved an inch forward, he could taste it too. Dean hadn't been with many men but damn now he really wanted to be manhandled by Cas and he'd always thought he was top. Cas had really well toned muscles and even though Dean seemed to have a few pounds on him, he was sure Cas could throw him over his shoulder if he wanted to. He imagined Cas slamming him up against the door and claiming his mouth, completely pinning him down and grinding against his groin, taking full control to have his way with Dean. That thought sent a thrill down his spine and he had to mentally will his excited member down.