Attempts

-Chapter Four-

"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind of forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

As I sit in the corner of an empty hallway, crying, I'm asking myself what the hell I did to deserve all this. It's just too much for me to handle.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket signaling that I have a text message. I unlock my phone to see it's from my aunt.

10:27am Wednesday September 5th, 2013.

From: Aunt Rose

Where are you?!?!?!

To: Aunt Rose

At school

From: Aunt Rose

Where at school

To: Aunt Rose

Ohhhhh the west hallway.

She didn't reply making me think she was coming. I heard some footsteps coming, and as I peeked out from my cocoon I saw it wasn't my aunt, it was someone else.

"Belle?" I heard the person ask. His voice was all too familiar. "What Jason? What could you possibly want!" I said in a strained voice.

Hurt flashed through his eyes but it was gone as quick as it came. "I know who did it." He said. He looked pained to say it.

"Who?" I asked.

"A man came into the school this morning at about 7:00am and started putting them up. Someone from the football team told him to stop and he said no. So I walked up to him and asked who he is." He paused for a moment, the painful expression still evident on his face.

"Belle, It was your father." He said. I gasped feeling for oxygen. I knew he was bad but this was low even for him. I felt tear drops hit my leg.

"Belle!" I heard my aunt yell. She picked me up a held me. She held me how a father holds his tired little three year old.

She held me and rubbed my back, saying soothing things to calm me down. I was broken into hysterics.

I hate him. I hate my life. I hate my body. I hate my hair. I hate all of me. She set me down and I started to pace back and forth.

It was because of my own father that I was so sad. It was because of him that I was in the west hallway crying because of how worthless I was.

Shouldn't my father being the one to hold me while I cry?

"It was dad." I said. She looked at me almost like I was lying. "No he didn't do that. Belle don't be ridiculous." She said. My jaw unhinged. "She's not lying. He told me himself." Jason said. "Why would you think I would lie?" I ask

She just shrugged her shoulders. "And to think you believed in me." I muttered.

"Hey auntie do you have some pain meds? My head hurts." She nodded her head and handed the bottle to me.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I grabbed my empty water bottle out of my book bag and filled it up with the disgusting water.

I looked at the mirror. All I saw was ugliness, pure ugliness. "I can't do this anymore." I said to myself. My voice cracked as I let out a sob.

I tried opening the bottle but I couldn't see through my tears. "Why won't you open!" I screamed.

"No Belle!" I heard someone say. I finally got it open and poured a bunch on my hand.