Dancing in the Moonlight.

Maya hated mornings

Maya hated mornings.

In fact she hated the days where she had to spend six hours out of her bed with no time to draw. So when Stiles found her after school, when she should have been going home, and dragged her to the lacrosse game. She was not impressed.

"Seriously Stiles!" Maya yelled when she almost tripped for the third time, "What's the rush!"

Stiles turned and looked at her, "Okay so the night you met Scott, you saw the bite mark on his side right?" Maya nodded her head, "And you know the reason he was out there in the first place?" Again Maya nodded, the boys had told her why they were in the reserve that night, when they had all walked back to Roscoe the night before. "Well the police found animal hairs on the body." He finished like it was the most important thing in the world.

"So?" the blonde shrugged.

"So? SO! It was wolf hairs." Stiles almost yelled.

"Again, so?"

Stiles sighed and dropped his head, before looking up to see Scott. He turned to Maya and spoke quickly, "I'll explain later." Then ran off yelling for Scott.

"Does that mean I can go home?!"

--

How it happened, the blonde had no clue.

She had actually ended up staying to watch the scrimmage. She stayed on the bleachers, her sketchbook out on her lap as she drew random things. Only looking up occasionally when someone cheered or called out.

So when the people around her started to stand, and the cheering got louder. Maya looked up just as her puppy-eyed friends sumersalted over a row of three guys, without dropping his stick or the ball, and scored a goal.

Maya's jaw dropped and the pencil she was holding fell to the paper underneath. Her blue eyes found Stiles sitting on the bench while everyone else around him cheered for the new member of the lacrosse team.

Maya put away her stuff and stood up, walking over to the brown eyed boy. Putting an arm on his when he didn't notice her, she spoke in a soft voice that she only used for Riley and Farkle, "Hey, you okay?"

He nodded then turned his head to look at the girl, "I need your help." he saw the look Maya was giving him and added, "Please."

She saw the look in his eyes, dropping to sit on the bench next to him. He looked so worried and hurt, like a kicking animal, "Sure."

That was how she found herself sat on Stiles' bed going through a heavy leather bound book that he had borrowed from the library on their way to his home.

The continuous tapping from where Stiles was sat at his desk gave the room some noise, until Maya finally voiced her questions, "So you think Scott is actually a werewolf? And we're not, like, joking this time? Right?"