Chapter 5: The Ball

A few more weeks passed. I haven't seen Adam in that amount of time. I would text and call him everyday though. I was down stairs watching TV with Reese when my phone buzzed. 

From: Adam! :)

Wanna come over? Like now! :) 

 To: Adam! :)

Yess! I'll be on my way!  

     I got up to go put on some make-up and straighten my hair. Reese didn't noticed. After I did, I snuck down stairs and out the door as silent as I could so Reese didn't ask me a million questions.  

To: That Fgt Anna

Hey, if Reese asks, tell her I'm out. DO NOT tell her I am with Adam.  

From: That Fgt Anna 

Okay!! Have fun! But not too much! (; 

     I got to Adams and knocked. He opened and greeted me with a hug.  

     "Hey! Oh my gosh, I missed you!" Adam said. 

     "Me too!" I said smiling. 

     We walked into the living room. 

     "What? No Tommy?" I said. 

     "He's practicing. Just me and you!" He said smiling. 

     We both sat down on the couch.  

     "I bet I could kick your butt in Mario Kart!" I said. 

     "You're on!" He smiled picking up both of the controllers. 

     We played for almost and hour. I won three times and Adam won once. I was laughing bragging about how I won in a flirtish way. Then I stopped. We were sitting so close our legs were touching. I felt his warmth shock my whole body. 

     "Hey, Maddi. So there is the ball type thing in a few days where you eat and dance and uh, I was wondering. Will you please be my date to that?" Adam rubbed the back of his neck nervously. 

     "Yes. I've always wanted to go to a ball." I said calmly even though I was bursting with excitement on the inside. 

     "Great Thank you!" Adam said.  

     "Wait. One problem. I don't have anything to wear." I said sadly. 

     "You know what this means? Shopping!" Adam said smiling. 

     "I don't have that kind of money Adam!" I said. 

     "Don't worry! I have tons!" He said. 

     "I couldn't let you do that!"  

     "Yes you can! Now I want to! Come one!" He grabbed my hand and his keys and led me out the door to his nice car.

---------------------------------------------------

     We got to the mall, and sat in his car. 

     "Now listen, there will be lots of camera's, fans, and paparazzi, but just keep calm." I noticed Adam was looking down smiling. 

     "What?" I asked him smiling too. 

      "This is where we met."  

     I didn't really know what to say. I just smiled at him.  

     "Let's go. It's hot in this car." I said. 

     "Wait! Maddi, I want to ask you something." Adam said becoming serious.