chapter 24 | something

ERIC

ERIC

I DIDN'T want to leave Venus there, at the dormitories. Especially after the attack on Edward, but there is nothing I can do to keep her by my side for at least tonight. I was reckless earlier, and I saw fear in her eyes when she looked at me.
I can't worry about a girl like Venus. She's a Stiff and she's the weakest one here; my reputation would be over. Why should I care about her? She is just... different. In an alluring, undescribable way.
But I have other things to be thinking about.
A nurse strolls toward me with a clipboard in her hands. She hesitates before walking towards me, head down like she's reading something on the clipboard.
"Well?" I snap, glaring down at her. She looks up, still clutching the clipboard.  I raise a brow at her.
"The victim may not be able to recover soon, to finish his training..."
"So you're saying he's weak?" I say.
"No, not really." She muses. "He is injured and trying to heal. That isn't weak?"
"If Edward really wanted to be Dauntless, he'd hurry the fuck up." I growl and begin to leave. When I reach the exit, I turn round and glare at the nurse. "His girlfriend can pack her shit too."
And with that, I leave.

[sorry it's so short! my internet isn't working properly so i've wrote this short chapter on my phone with mobile data :( i'll make sure to update a bigger chapter tomorrow! thank you for all the comments and 1K, when I first saw how many reads I got I screamed (in the middle of class lol) xx]