7. "He's finally coming home!"

"Hello Alka!"

Alka was overwhelmed to hear Ajith's voice after a really long time.

Not everyone in this planet is blessed to know a person who always knows exactly what to say, whatever may the reason be.

Whether it's a failed exam or after a bad football match.

But for Alka, Ajith was that person.

"Growing up, he was the one person who always supported me in his own ridiculous ways.

Once, when I was around 9 years old, I remember being exceptionally upset over the fact that we had just moved. I was homesick. Friend sick. Family sick. All in all I was really missing Chennai. And even though I'd grown to really love Bangalore, Chennai would always have a special place in my heart. And why not? It was my hometown afterall," Alka recalled.

"My brother was oblivious to this, or so I thought. I remember being furious with him each time he annoyed me or hid the TV remote. He even punctured the tires of my cycle once and I swear, I bawled a lot that day.

But now that I look back, I think I remember days when I found my favourite chocolate waiting for me on my table, after a crappy day. When asked about who bought them for me, both my parents remained adamant that they hadn't.

But there was this time when I was reading a book in my room and anna had come in demanding for me to get dressed, telling me that he had a surprise for me.

Reluctantly, after a lot of whining, I agreed to leave home and we finally started.

I hadn't realised where we were until I saw the stadium entrance at a distance. And even though I don't exactly remember the teams which were playing, I do remember the adrenaline rush I felt that night.

I remember screaming my lungs out, cheering for my favourite team. I remember the utter happiness I felt that night.

But what I remember the most from that night was my brother telling me, "You'll find happiness here, I'll make sure you do."

And that's what has kept me going.

You know, I realised this very late, but it is so much better to have one person really know you and love you than to have a hundred people love you and never really know you."

At this point, Alka was so lost in her own thoughts that she forgot Ajith was still on the line.

"Alka? Hey bud, you there?," Ajith spoke, muddled.

"Oh, yes. I'm so sorry. Just got a bit lost in thoughts," Alka said quickly.

"Haha, it's nothing new, you are always in your own dreamworld," Ajith taunted, giggling.

"Arghh, whatever."

"So tell me, how's everything at hostel?," quickly changing the topic, Alka asked.

"Oh it's all great! I have made so many amazing friends over the year and all my teachers are also so chill. My photography classes are also going well here, in Mumbai. I'm getting to learn so much!," Ajith said.

"That's awesome, I'm so happy for you! Isn't it such a great privilege to be able to do what you love?," Alka said half-heartedly.

It reminded her of her limits.

But quickly, pushing that thought away, she spoke, "By the way, when are you coming home? It's been so long and I miss you so much!"

"Haha, I totally forgot to tell you, this is why I had called. I'll be coming to Bangalore the next Thursday! I'm already so pumped to meet all of you! I just spoke to amma and appa and they were so happy about it!," Ajith said, excitedly.

"Yayyy, I'm so overwhelmed! It's going to be a fun time with you, can't wait!," Alka replied as she danced in happiness.

"Indeed. See you then! I guess I have to go now. Bye munchkin, I love you!"

"I love you more anna! Bye," Alka said as she hung up.

"Yes, yes, yes! He's finally coming home!," Alka said excitedly.

"I can finally tell anna about my ambition! And I know he will support me, like he has always done. I know he will understand my passion for football.
And then he will convince amma and appa also. It's all going to be great! I can then play football. Only the best will happen.

Now go to sleep, Alka. Goodnight!," she said to herself as she lay on the bed and took a breathof relief.

The fact that she was so positive, even after all the bad things she had been through, clearly showed that she was a very strong and optimistic person.

-------------------

'amma' means mother and 'appa' means father in Tamil, if you didn't know!

*So hello guys, I hope you are all doing awesome!
Did you like the chapter? If you did, please don't forget to vote and comment! It honestly makes my day*

**Question for the day: Will Alka be able to tell Ajith about her passion for football? And if so, will Ajith support her or will he turn his back on her like everyone else?

Comment and let me know what you think because I'm always curious ^.^
Also, thank you for all the love!**

Until next time..

Much love,
Xoxo
Shruti