Helmet Party! (xB!Soldier)

The RED Engineer and BLU Soldier have a secret.

This secret? Well, let's just say, they have slight crushes on each other. Neither of them, however, know how to express said feelings.

Soldier, being as, dare I say it, dimwitted as he is, didn't understand the feelings.

He simply thought that when Y/n entered the room, he got temporarily ill, seeing as his heart pitter-pattered faster, his forehead had beads of sweat dripping down it, and his face got flushed pink and he didn't get it.

She knew all too well what was happening. The bashful Texan was head over heels for the strict American soldier.

The way her heart raced and her cheeks flared with pink, she knew that she developed feelings for him.

She didn't, however, know how to confess the feelings to her crush.

She'd always scold herself about having eleven PhD's yet couldn't think of a single way to say she liked the rocket hopping mercenary.

On the other hand, Soldier couldn't muster up the courage to tell you of his reciprocated feelings.

He thought since he was a man, he simply needed to bottle up his emotions and stick to the "Less talk, more fight!" way of things.

Everyone on the team is pretty much at the ready to deploy their plan to get them together.

They'd start with sliding letters under their doors.

The letters have simple instructions to meet an anonymous person at a field.

You receive a letter, the writing resembling Spy's or possibly the enemy team's Engie's handwriting.

Meet me at the meadow across the base at dawn.
-anonymous

"Well, okay." You haven't had any luck with a guy in some time.

The only thing you could be sure about was that someone is coming to see you.

Meanwhile in Solly's room

Solly scratched at his helmet, questioning if he needed to be careful.

If it's the maggots from the opposite team I should bring my shovel. Or at least expect the unexpected!

He looks around the room and grabs his trusty shovel, looking outside to see that the sun hasn't started rising just yet.

Both mercenaries Ieave to the meadow at separate times, Y/n holding her prized guitar and Solly weilding his shovel.

×××

Well, it's dawn and I don't see anyone.. You think to yourself, gently strumming the strings of your favorite instrument.

You focus your attention on it, the footsteps of the screeching army man drowned out by your music.

He sits down in front of you, uncharacteristically quiet.

Your eyes dart up to him, a soft smile on your face.

It was him who wrote it.
It was her who wrote it.

Soldier couldn't help himself, tapping on his now discarded helmet to the melody of your guitar.

You giggle softly and stop playing, setting your guitar beside you.

"Howdy, pardner."

"Hello."

Sniper was in his tower having the task of telling Spy everything that goes down.

"I didn't know you were a music person." You laugh again, the sight of Soldier tapping on his helmet being a foreign sight.

"There's a few things you don't know about me, soldier." He replies, flipping his helmet between his fingers then onto his head again.

"I'm an Engineer, you're the Soldier." You shake your head unable to hide a smile.

"Affirmative." He lets his toothy grin showing making his stone cold features seem bittersweet.

"Ya know, Ah thought o' bein' a rule breaker. Once or twice." You look down with a sheepish grin.

"As did I." He admits, a small blush on his cheeks.

"Wanna give it a try?"

"Why not?"

You both smile and hug under the stars,  the sun rising and painting the sky a wide array of color.

Hope you enjoyed!