(1) Are you running or sleepwalking?

Start from the beginning

"Damn, look at his butt, Liz." Ally whispers, covering her mouth. I chuckle, ignoring her comment. Just as I turn around, I see his figure turning around to continue his run.

"I'll have you know my music was off, asshole!" I yell, starting off my run again with Ally, who was just as confused as I am.

His hand goes up, "Eminem wouldn't agree!" he refers to my music choice, waving from behind.

"God, who is that guy, do you know him?" I question, trying to catch my breath.

"I've seen him run a few times, never noticed that butt he's got on though. Wow, I think it's even better than mine."

And she goes again.

His butt isn't even that great.

"And fuck you for not listening." she smiles and bugs her eyes out.

When we end our jog, we decide to walk back home to relax. Life starts to happen as we do, people are waking up, starting their cars, window blinds being opened.

Being only a few blocks away from each other, it isn't much walking to do.

Reaching closer to our house, I hear a panting breathe coming closer to us. My gaze swifts to the guy in which we encountered a while ago, still running, and still with a smile on his face. "See you tomorrow, girls!" he waves.

I roll my eyes at him although he cannot see him and I watch as Ally slowly raises her middle finger up with her face dripping in sarcasm.

As our walk home comes to an end, we both take a breather before entering our houses. We stand outside my house before she pats me on the shoulder. "That was a good run Liz, let's do it again soon okay?" She smiles, still heavily breathing.

"Oh no no no, you're not making me do this again okay? I did it once but not again, it's done, I'm not doing it!" I proclaim.

"Fine, stay unhappy." she jokes.

"Who said I'm unhappy? If anything makes me unhappy then it's how early you wake me up every morning for useless shit like this."

Her hand directly goes to my gut and she fists her hand, threatening to punch me. I see her smile before teasing to do it again. "Go, I'll see you in school." she starts walking her way to her house, waving at me as she does. "Please don't let me drag you out of bed today, go straight to the shower, no five minute nap or anything." I hear her advising me while she walks away.

After a much needed large portion breakfast and a hot shower, I finally begin to realize that it's morning time. I'm not used to watching the sun rise or be anything slightly more than awake before seven a.m. but I was today and I might be a little too proud of that. Thanks to Ally of course.

As I sit in class and wonder, my thoughts all seem to head back to the same place. The boy that had been running earlier this morning, he seemed to pop up in my head more than I liked him to. I might just be intrigued on how a person could be smiling that much, or how someone could have that much energy to run in the morning like he was.

I don't know what I'm thinking, but all I know is I want to see that boy one more time to see his smile. I really really want to.

✖ ✖ ✖

// an //

hello hello, look at that shakes wrote a fanfiction and wow yes

i know this might seem very confusing at first and you might lose interest but please give it a chance becuse i promise it gets better also it might seem simple but i like being realistic so the drama will come up eventually

thank you so so so much if you're about to click to the next chapter because i really aprecciate it and i love writing and getting feedback on my writing makes me so happy you have no fucking clue

also, ashton on the media section is giving me heart problems like wow i'm as tall as his legs (wow fun fact) and his hair looks so good in that picture wow

don't forget to vote to let me know if you want another chapter and comment through out the chapters!

oh and if you want me to read your story or anything just leave it in the comments, i don't mind and i will check it out as soon as i can + vote, comment, and stuff if i can yay :)

song of the chapter: drake // tuscan leather

twitter: @shakestbh

instagram: @shakestbh

personal ig: @shakesalw

snapchat: shakesalw

stay fresh, stay hot, see you soon.

- shakes ♕