Part I Chapter 11 - Troublemaker

Start from the beginning

"Don't give me that look. I'm not impulsive enough that I would kill a Low God without a reason. As useless as they are, they're still my colleagues' creations. I would have given them a warning first, just like I did with you."

"Oh... So it's not a Low... A Mid?"

"Yeah..."

Wow... Two Mids? I'm starting to understand better how she ended up blowing half of the forest away. Still, I'm pretty lucky. Who would have thought I'd end up meeting two of my Mid Gods so fast? I wonder which one is it...

"I just can't get rid of him..." Yoko continued. She marked a pause, and then she looked up at me, her eyes full of blame. "Because somebody created us to be all on the same level, even if we each have our own specialties, it always ends up in a tie. It's not like I can prolong the fighting either. Until now, we were lucky, but if this keeps going, there will be human causalities."

"Eh? So you do care after all!" I exclaimed.

She shook her head. "Don't misunderstand. I couldn't care less about them. But I don't want to have Naia on my back. She doesn't like it when we kill her beloved humans."

Obviously...

"So, how are you going to deal with him?" I asked.

"I won't. You will."

"Eh?"

A smirk slowly appeared on her face.

"Up until now, there was no one above us, so there was no one to judge. Thus, settling disputes between Gods was often a delicate matter and it could last decades, or centuries." She explained. "But now that you're here, it changes everything. You're the Creator, he'll listen to you. One word from you, and he'll back down. Right, friend?"

Yoko strongly emphasized on the "friend". She totally expects me to take her side on the matter. Well, if she's the one who has been invaded, I guess it's a given.

"I'll see what I can do..." I muttered.

"Good. Let's go."

I glanced at her, a little surprised. "What? Now?"

"I want him out as soon as possible. I can't stand his presence..." She grunted. "And don't worry, in my fox form, it'll only take fifteen minutes to get to him."

"Is that so...? Well, it's fine I guess..."

"Hum... Y-Your Holiness...?" A small voice suddenly called out.

Who spoke? Turning my gaze to the direction of the voice, my eyes fell upon the man who brought me here. Yoko's worshipper. Crap... I had completely forgotten about him. Was he here the whole time? So he heard everything, didn't he? No, wait... Yoko created confusion with all her attacks, maybe he didn't hear...

"What? You're still here?" Yoko asked with an indolent voice, turning to him. "I thought you had run away. How come you're still alive?"

That's not what you're supposed to ask, Yoko... The man did not answer. Instead, he simply lowered his head in shame. In order to confirm my suspicion, I tried calling him out.

"Hum..."

"Y-YES?!" He responded hastily.

His body immediately stiffened up as he looked up at me. The eye-contact didn't even last for a second. As soon as his eyes met mine, he bowed, burying his face in the ground.

... Well, with such a reaction, I guess I can forget about the possibility of him not knowing. No. Even if he didn't hear anything, he definitely saw me toying around with Yoko, treating her like a pet. Seeing this, even a child would have understood that I was above her. She is supposed to be his Goddess. Of course he'd get intimidated by me after seeing the way I act with her.