Part I Chapter 10 - Request

Start from the beginning

"I know you are. Yoko, you're a pretty honest person, you don't tell lies."

"So you've heard about this. Your Parent tells you about me but don't even bother to warn you about not intruding my territory?"

"Well, yeah, I do know a lot about you. You're a Kumiho, your name means 'Beautiful child', but ironically, a variant of it also means 'Wicked child'. You're deceitful, impatient, stubborn and tactless but you also have a strong pride and you keep your promises. Those tails are your pride and if anyone dared to insult them, that would be enough of a reason for you to rip them apart." I explained casually with a bright smile.

As I spoke, Yoko quietly listened. The more I said, the more her eyes widened. She was clearly not expecting me –who is supposed to be a new Low God- to know this much. However, she quickly regained her composure.

"Oooooh...? That's a lot of very private information you have about me..." She said, as a grin appeared on her face. "Who told you about this? I don't think even the other Divinities know this much."

I smiled mischievously.

"Well, I even know all your secrets~!"

For maybe a split second, her grin disappeared as I saw her eyes twitch a little. But she did not react any further.

"... Nice try. But I don't have any secret."

"Really?" I felt my lips stretch wider. "Well, despite your personality, you actually love fluffy and cute things."

Yoko's face didn't change. She had the same stoic expression with a grim line on her mouth. However, her fluffy ears kept twitching and her tails started to sway more violently behind her back. Yup, she's definitely annoyed. But since she didn't say anything, I continued.

"Not enough? You can't swim and you hate water. You can't stand the sight of dogs or anything similar. Cooking is one of your hobbies and you love sweet things. Especially ch-"

"WAIT!!! THAT'S ENOUGH!! Don't say anymore...!" She finally interrupted me, unable to hear anymore of her little secrets being unveiled one by one. "I... I don't understand... How? I've never told anyone about these..."

She grabbed her head in her arms, probably trying to come up with a good explanation. Biting her lips, she stayed in that position for about two minutes. After that, she let out a heavy sigh and regained her composure. She looked up at me.

"I was wrong... I'm not sure of how you got a hand on this much information, but you know too much.... Way too much." She smiled. "Sorry, after all, I guess I can't let you leave alive~!"

...Huh? What did she say? She can't be planning to...

"... Y-Yoko...? Wait..." I spoke.

But before I could finish, a huge pillar of fire suddenly erupted in front of me. Instinctively, I jumped backwards, barely evading the surprise attack.

That was dangerous! Such a strong magic... even if it's me, I would've taken serious damage from an attack like this.

I turned my gaze to Yoko. Since she didn't chant any incantation, if she hadn't warned me, I wouldn't have seen the attack coming. Crap... I had forgotten about this... She's a Goddess too, she doesn't need any incantations. This is bad. If she wants to fight, I'm going to have some serious troubles. Without any chants, I can't predict anything. I won't be able to tell what kind of magic she'll use nor when she was going to use it.

Before I could think of anything, Yoko launched her second attack.

This time, it was a fireball. A huge fireball. It definitely couldn't compare to the one my Aunt created a few years ago. It wasn't just about the size. Yoko's fireball was not only bigger than an elephant, but I could also feel an abnormal amount of mana in it, craving for destruction. When she aimed it at me, once again, I barely managed to evade the attack by throwing myself to the side. The fireball transformed everything on its way to charcoal.