CHAPTER 10:

{ELI}

        I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was awesome and was a pretty good size.

        After giving me a quick little tour of the place, we then began looking through things to try and find out if there's anything we could find that would give us some explanation to things. From Leah and her parents information, to again, anything that could be useful.

          Then after looking for almost two hours, I feel I might have found a couple papers with some good information about some history with the council among other information I thought Leah might be interested in.

         So I walked up to her in the room next to the one I was just in and stopped as I saw she was reading a journal or big book of some type where she had the look of remembering of something...bad?!

          "What is it?" I ask her.

         "It's a journal. It's filled with drawings and information on blood camps." She says as she turns to look at me.

        I walk up towards her and she hands the book to me.

        As I'm flipping through the pages, I see there are steps to transformations that occur in the camps and formulas for the serum that turns people into werewolves.

         Then I land on a specific page that has a photo of this couple who have a child. Then I suddenly realize who the child is.

         I look up from the book at Leah.

        "Those are my parents and that's me they're holding. Read the next page." she says as she takes a seat in one of the chairs next to the table where scattered pictures and papers are displayed all over on.

         "October 18, 1994. A 22 year old mother, with her 24 year old husband, who are also our Queen and King, had their one year old daughter with them when I first captured them and started my experiment. They have given the best results. They will become the strongest of our kind and will help us to take back the power and fear we once gave to everyone. They are the hope for our kind and their youngest will be the strongest of us all. They have all been given the last phase of this treatment. However, because the daughter is so young, she will not be able to transform into her true self until she is eighteen and is unmarked. This will be my greatest creation ever. A  A baby, as the youngest to ever receive this serum." I pause in shock. Her and her parents were at the camps.

         "October 26, 1994. The baby's parents' bodies have decided to go rogue and to leave. I had to stop them. They wanted to destroy and take away my creation. My hard work of years perfecting the serum. They had escaped a few days ago and when I found them, they had already sent their daughter to her uncle's home in the U.S. They wanted to destroy all my hard work and sacrifices. Today they met their deaths for trying to come between me and my creation. Now all I must do, is contact the uncle and make sure he helps me." I read aloud.

         When I was done reading aloud all of that, my heart couldn't stop breaking.

        I set down the book and then took a seat in the chair next to hers.

       "I'm sorry baby." I tell her as I took hold of her hand.

       "I'm scared Eli." She says as she looks down at her folded fidgeting hands on her lap.

       "About what?" I ask.

       "About what I will become. What if I become a monster like him?" She asks.

       "Leah that will never happen. Besides, I marked you already and nothing has happened to you. You're a few years older than 18, which was when you were supposed to transform and you didn't. So there's nothing you have to worry about." I assure her as I take hold of her hand.

        "Well thanks for pointing out our age." She jokes.

        "That's what I'm here for." I chuckle a little.

       We finish up and place a few things we have discovered and information we've found in her backpack and start to leave.

       We walk hand-in-hand with one another back to the castle and during our walk back, I finally convince her to have our kids come back tomorrow. Since we can protect them better here.

       Once we walked inside, we stopped as we saw the two people that were supposed to be watching our kids, standing there in the living room with their child as well, with a look of worry.

         "What's wrong?" Leah asks both of them while Sophie is sleeping in the woman's arms and Peter is scared runs up to me and into my arms while Sophie is handed to Leah.

         "We have to leave. We can't watch your children. They are not safe at our house. Neither are we." The woman says.

        "What happened?" I asked.

       "Dad there was a mean and big guy. He said to me that he was going to have Sophie and I watch you and mom dying very soon." He says with tears in his eyes.

        "Oh son, I promise. Nobody is gonna hurt you, your sister or your mother." I assure him as I hold him close.

         "We have to leave. This isn't good. Me and my husband have to think about our family and I'm sorry but, we need to get as far away from here as possible." The woman says.

        "No." I began to say as everyone looked at me surprised. I then set down Peter on his feet and then have him take his friend and Sophie upstairs. Then as soon as he's upstairs in his room, I continue. "We will not let Malcolm threaten us with fear. You must stay here and can even move into our home here, where there will be plenty of protection as we come up with a plan to defeat this asshole." I tell them.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)