chapter fourteen

Mariah sat there in her room,  looking up at the ceiling. She hated the fact that Selena hasn't been found.
Tears fell down her eyes.  She lean up and looked over at her stand,  seeing Selena's phone. 

Her eyes began to get more watery and yet she couldn't hold it in.  Mariah closed her eyes and covered her mouth with her hand and just fell back to the bed and cried. 

Ring Ring

Mariah stop crying. She slowly turned around,  seeing Selena's phone ring.

Ring Ring

Mariah grabbed Selena's phone and saw that it was an unknown number. She took a breath and pushed accept. "Hello?"

It was silence.

"Selena?" Mariah jump out of the bed and sat at the edge. "Please be you.  Please say something. I want to know that you are safe.  Please." Mariah cried.

The unknown person hung up.

Mariah lower the phone from her ears and just stood there in space.

****

Selena and Justin sat there at the table eating breakfast. Eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Justin made all this.

"I can honestly say that your food is good,  Justin." Selena told him.

He smiled.

"Where did you learn how to cook?" He asked.

"My mom,  actually." and with that,  his face looked down at the table and his eyes begin to tear up.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

He snifted and just kept looking down.

Selena placed her hand on his arm. "Justin,  please tell me."

"I ran away from home." he looked up at her.

Selena didn't say anything.

"My dad got sick and well,  he died. He was my whole world. And to be honest, I loved my mom but when my dad passed,  I couldn't take it." Tears fell down his eyes. "so,  I ran away."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

He didn't say anything.

"I know your pain,  Justin. I lost my mom and being with my dad isn't the same. He doesn't let me do things on my own. It's annoying but the weird part is that he let me go to this party."

Justin didn't say anything.

"Do you ever think about going back and seeing her?" Selena asked.

"I thought about it."

"I think you should."

"What if she doesn't remember me?" he asked.

Selena rolled her eyes.  "That is not true. You are her son.  A mother would never forget about her child."

More tears fell down his eyes.

"honestly, she might be sitting there at home, waiting for you to contact her. So,  don't blow this,  Justin. Yesterday, you told me that you regret so much and you hated how your life changed,  well this is your chance to make it right."

With that,  he came close to Selena and placed his lips on her lips.  He knew that he didn't won't her to leave out of his life. He wanted her to be his life.

Selena kissed back.