"It was nothing, Ella, I promise," I said, even though I fully well knew it wasn't true. Lauren had been so important to me... but then again, when compared with Ella... she was nothing.

"Gosh, this is why Nathan hates you so much, isn't it?" Ella wasn't even listening to me. She was going off in her own rant... and I didn't really blame her. She had every right to be angry.

"Sort of," I muttered. Nathan didn't hate me because I dated his mother... he hated me because I broke up his parents because I dated his mother. But I wasn't going to tell her that. Not now, when she was already so upset.

Ella was still looking at me like I was an experiment which had gone wrong. She was freaked out and was detesting me right now. But what could I do? Then she asked the question I was afraid she would ask.

"How old is she?"

I blinked and swallowed the bile that had risen in my throat. "She's.. um.. thirty-nine," I managed to croak out.

Ella scrunched up her face in disgust. "So first you date an almost forty-year-old and then suddenly you go for me, when I was under age? What the hell?"

"She wasn't thirty-nine then, Ella! We were both younger!" I regretted saying these words as soon as they left my mouth. I had been a bit young for Lauren, that was true.

"How old was she, thirty-eight? That doesn't even make that much of a difference! And that doesn't deny the fact that you went for me later, when I'm twenty-one years younger than her!"

I expect that she wanted me to answer, but I didn't. I just felt my face getting red. She glared at me.

"I don't know what you were planning on doing with me this weekend, but be sure that nothing's going to happen. Why? Because I'm leaving." And with these words she turned but then she seemed to remember something and turned back around. "What is it with you and students? You're way too involved in their personal lives." She turned once again, and this time, she walked to the door.

This time, I didn't try to follow her. I let her leave, and as soon as she slammed the door shut, I flopped down on the sofa, covering my face with my hands. I was exhausted. It was only now that I realised that Ella had forgotten her bag behind her. Good, maybe she would come and pick it up.

But when almost an hour passed and she didn't, I started getting worried. Had we just broken up again? We couldn't. Not when we had just gotten back together. I loved her and I couldn't let her go. I just couldn't.

Right then, I realised that I had totally forgotten to tell Ella about the message that I had received with the video of us in the art room, when I kissed her for the first time. I had been planning to tell her when we got home, but then there was Beth and everything...

I shut my eyes. I knew I had been crazy when I decided to date a student, but surely I didn't deserve being punished like this. The question was, who could hate me enough to just follow me around everywhere? I wished I had Ella to discuss this with right now.

My phone beeped and I groaned. Please don't let it be the crazy psycho.

I opened the message and saw that it was in fact an instant message, and to my relief it was from John. Still, I mentally rolled my eyes. What did he want?

The message said, Hey, you ok?

I frowned. Why would he be asking that? He didn't know what had happened. Did Ella tell him or did he find out on his own? And then it dawned to me that he probably didn't know, he was just making small talk and making up an excuse to talk to me. I typed out, Good, and you?

He answered soon after, saying, I'm good. What's up?

When I was about to type out my answer, he sent another text, saying, listen, I hope you don't mind me talking to you, it's just, you said we're ok and I really want to be friends again.

It's ok. No worries. It's actually good to hear from you, I replied.

Yeah, when you end up on your own you feel relieved that someone- anyone really, would be talking to you. And John was okay, if you totally omitted Ella from the picture. He was cool before he started getting interested in her.

Screw this, I thought, getting up. I could just go over to Ella's house and we would be able to talk without anybody interrupting. Nobody was going to be home except for her, and I was pretty sure I could convince her to at least listen to what I had to say to her.

I took a look at her backpack. Should I take it with me to give it to her? No, I thought to myself with a smirk. Let her come and pick it up. After all, she had been the one to cancel our weekend together. I picked up my phone and walked out to the door.

Just when I walked down the steps, my phone beeped and I stopped to see what John had said this time. Thanks man :), was all. I typed out a smiley face and told him I would catch him later because I had somewhere to be, and started walking along the road, towards the house in which Ella lived.

I stopped in front of her door and rang the doorbell. Hopefully, she would open the door and not leave me waiting behind the door like an idiot, I thought, staring at the ground. Or else open the door and close it in my face before giving me the chance to say anything at all. In that case, I would have to say something quickly before she actually shut the door. But what?! I heard footsteps walking down the hall and panicked. What am I going to say? Will she shut the door in my face? What can I do for her to not do that? Ughhh, this is sooo annoying. Quick, think something, Ed!

The door opened and as I looked up I quickly yelled, "It's not what you think!" 

My heart stopped when I saw that it wasn't Ella who had opened the door. It was someone who looked very much like Ella, but was older. She even looked a bit like Malcolm, having the same brown eyes and the same hair colour, with hair that reached her shoulders. She seemed to be in her forties. I blinked and gulped.

This had to be Ella's mother. But what was she doing at home so early? Usually she got home later, as far as I knew.

Crap, had I just made a total and utter fool of myself in front of Ella's mum?

She looked surprised at my outburst, then forced a smile and said, "Yes? Who are you please?"

Ella is going to be so mad at me.

Hi guys, I'm updating again! It's not really long, but I have a reason behind that. Please vote and comment, I really do appreciate each and every one :)

Anyway, what did you think? Hehe :P

Side photo is of Alexandra Campbell, Ella and Malcolm's mum.

I'll update soon, take care xxx

Dedicated to my friend Rebecca :) xxx