8- Evocation Of The Past

Start from the beginning

My eyes widen.

He rang his fingers over my shoulder, tracing light patterns down my arm before lifting my hand and placing a kiss on my knuckles. I look at him dazedly watching his eyes fog, normally meaning he was deep in thought.

"You doubt me." He spoke running his fingers through my hair.

"Doubt you about what?" I question, I placed my hand on his smooth jaw facing his head towards me so we were making direct eye contact. "What am I doubting you on?"

"My love for you, my ability to care for you. Tell me Ave, is it because I've spend most of my days in the streets that you feel like I don't care for you anymore?" I stayed silent, this time my eyes looked down avoiding his gaze.

"Look at me Haven." He spoke softly, almost in a needy tone. "Look me in the eyes and tell me the truth." I bit my lip before a tear slipped down my cheek.

"I-I," My voice cracks. "I just miss you so much, you're rarely home anymore and I miss your touch and your love. It just feels like you're slowly fading away from me, that you
don't care about me anymore." I hiccup closing my eyes.

He placed his thumbs on my cheek, wiping away the tears with his thumb before he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I would do anything for you if it means that you're happy, I'll quit the streets, I'll stay home with you, I would go through hell if it means that my princess is alright."

"-Via? Via- Wait, are you crying?" I snapped out of my thoughts rubbing my eyes.

"What? No, there's just something in my eyes. No biggie." I blink rapidly before smiling. "I'm fine. And there's no need to apologise, I know you guys care for me. You're my best friends." She smiles brightly before sitting down on the white bed nudging my shoulder.

"Yuki's been worried. Her injury wasn't that bad since Kaname fed her his blood." I nod assuming that a pureblood's blood has the ability to heal others.

"It was reckless of her to have done what she did." I fiddled with my fingers, a sense of regret building in my heart.

"So, why exactly am I here?" I asked.

"Someone poisoned you." I blinked surprised. "The chocolate that you ate contained a rare poison that could've seriously damaged your body, luckily the Headmaster found an antidote that got rid of the poison before it could've turned things real bad. You're one lucky bitch." I stayed quiet, there was no way that girl could've poisoned me since she's hiding away on a hospital bed, and I'm pretty no one hates me here enough to actually want to kill me. Well, maybe Yuki- but she already proved herself as being someone who I could actually give a chance to.

"And it's kind of hard to decipher who did it since you're not quite in everyone's good books now are you?" I kept quiet before shrugging, I don't need to be exactly friendly with everyone if they don't make an effort to be friendly with me.

"Wear this, I'll tell the others that you're awake." I nod grabbing the sweatpants and hoodie which made me smile, after that one time when Rose forced me into a dress and I shredded all of her outfits into pieces she never forced me into dresses or anything else that's classified as girly, I'll even wear my pyjamas to a wedding if it means getting out of wearing a piece of cloth that barely covers your ass. What do you wanna do? Flash everyone your underwear?

I quickly get changed not wanting anyone to walk in while I'm half naked, I waited for a few minutes before I eventually got bored and sauntered out of the room walking idly down the hallways, the only thing to be heard was my quiet footsteps echoing down the corridor. I paused halfway scrutinising at the grass field, the sun was midway in the sky soon to be setting in a few hours or so, the luminescence of the pastel coloured flowers swayed with the wind looking like the roots were going to detach from the ground at any second, and the cherry blossom tree rained it's petals all over the fields making me feel like I would need an umbrella to prevent myself from being drowned with pink coloured petals. I'll resemble Patrick Star from Spongebob.