Chapter 2: Lights, Camera, Action!

Start from the beginning

(Back to the Present)

     "Ruby?" You say, baffled.
     It wasn't hard to identify the young girl. The black and red hair, the silver eyes. It was a dead giveaway that the person you just saw kick a thug through a window was indeed your sister.
     "(Y/N)? Is that you?" Ruby says, almost a little choked up.
     You're sentimental moment was broken up by you remembering about the thugs surrounding you. Out of instinct you turn and backspin kick one of the thugs who was about to get the jump on you and began to fight off the others. As you fought, you'd glance over to see Ruby with a ginormous red scythe fighting off more of the same thugs that you were currently giving the beat down on. After knocking out the last thug, you went we're about to go assist Ruby before an explosion literally separated you from your estranged sister. The blast caught Ruby's attention as you both turn to see a man in a white coat and a bowler hat, pointing his smoking cane at the two of you.
     "Alright little red, and whoever you are, playtimes up." The man says before launching another grenade towards Ruby.
     "Ruby look out!" You say as you tackle her out of the way of the projectile.
     As the two of you get up, you both see the man in the bowler hat getting away. Ruby takes off after him and before you can even say anything you decide to tag along. The two of you eventually catch up to the man atop of a building, Ruby calling out to the man just before a bullhead rises up to the roof, allowing the bowler hat guy to hop in. The large cargo jet begins to ascend as the man throws a red dust crystal towards you and Ruby. Just when he's about to shoot the thing a someone comes crashing down, deflecting the blast. The person was a female, clad in a balloon sleeve button down and a corset along with a black business skirt. Her blonde curled hair blew in the wind as she pointed a riding crop towards the bullhead, launching some sort of purple aura beams at the jet. After taking the blow, a shadowy figure emerges from the cargo bay, launching a massive fire blast your way. You roll out of the way of the blast but the woman deflects the blast with ease, however she just barely avoids the fire blast that rises from beneath her. The blonde woman uses the raised debris to launch at the bullhead, barraging it with what you assume is her semblance before the shadowy figure uses their fire to turn the debris to ash. As the bullheads hatch closes Ruby begins to take pot shots at the jets armored hull before it flies away into the night sky above.
     "Well, this certainly isn't how I saw my night going." You say about to leave.
     Before you could even turn around you were immediately tackled to the ground and embraced by your estranged sister. Without knowing how to react you simply pay her head while awkwardly laying on the concrete roof beneath you.
     "Uh, hey sis. Long time no see?" You say.
     "I thought you were dead! Dead! Where have you been all this time?" Ruby asks, looking up at you tears filling her silver eyes.
     Before you could answer, the blonde lady from before clears her throat before speaking up.
     "I hate to interrupt, but I must take you both in."

(Later)

     You and Ruby both sat in the Vale police department in an interrogation room, Ruby looking more upset at the matter as the blonde haired lady lectured you both.
     "Do you have any idea what the two of you have gotten yourselves into? Both of your actions could've put you and others in danger." She said sternly.
     "To be fair, I was acting out of self defense. They were trying to rob me." You say nonchalantly.
     "You too? I thought I was the only one!" Ruby exclaimed.
    The blonde lady snapped her riding crop on the table, getting both you and Ruby's attention.
     "If it were up to me, you're actions would be met with a pat on the back. And a slap on the wrist."
     "I literally did nothing wrong. I'm guilty by association." You chime in, clearly annoying the blonde haired woman.
     "However, there's someone here who'd like to meet you."
     As the blonde woman stops speaking, a grey haired man clad in a green three piece suit walks in, carrying a tray of cookies and a cup of coffee.
     "Ruby Rose, you have silver eyes..." The man says before placing the tray of cookies in front of Ruby.
      After hesitating to take one, your sister began to devour the plate, clearly not growing out of her childish habits. This got a chuckle out of you which caught the gray haired man's attention.
     "And what a surprise, (Y/N) Rose. Or I hear your going by the surname 'Lee' nowadays. Surely taking after your mentor with the impressive moves you displayed downtown."
     "I appreciate the recognition, however I'd prefer to be referred to as (Y/N) Lee if you'd be so kind." You say.
      This puts a visible frown on Ruby's face, along with raising some questions in your younger sisters head.
     "Wait, Lee? mentor? What's that all about          (Y/N)?"
     "We'll discuss later, for now I presume you still have some questions Mr....." you say, pausing to let the man introduce himself yet he simply continues on.
     "Right, so Ms. Rose. Where on Remnant did you learn to wield such a dangerous weapon?"
     "Signal academy?" Ruby answered, confused as to where the old man was going with his interrogation.
     "Interesting, I've only ever known one other person to use such a weapon. A dusty old crow." The old man explained.
     "Oh that's our uncle!" Ruby exclaimed.
     You cringe slightly at the mention of your old family, not going unnoticed by the older adults in the room. The two look at each other and shrug it off for now. The older man looks as if he's about to speak up, however he's interrupted by the door flying open and your mentor walking in.
     "(Y/N)! I got Ozpin's call! How do you go on a walk and end up in jail? This is bad PR for you before your big break you know?" Bruce Lee says, continuing to nag and lecture you as you look on embarrassed.
     "Mr. Lee, I'm so glad you could make it. I can assure you your pupil isn't in any trouble. We simply brought him down here for questioning." The older man says, stopping your mentor from pestering you about how to act.
     "Ah that's a relief. He can be a hothead sometimes so I just had to make sure." Bruce Lee says, patting you on that back as you grit your teeth.
     "I'm not that hotheaded." You say crossing your arms.
     Ruby looks on, awestruck by the people in the room. Pointing to the old man then back to your mentor with stars in her eyes.
     "You're Bruce Lee! The martial arts legend! And you're Professor Ozpin! Headmaster of Beacon Academy! I can't believe I'm meeting you all!" Ruby exclaims as the gears in her head begin to turn.
     "Wait, then that means... (Y/N) was taken in and trained by Bruce Lee!"
     Your mentor looks to you, clearly confuses by your sister's revelation. You shrug and before you can answer Ruby is in front of Bruce Lee, shaking his hand erratically.
     "I'm Ruby Rose! It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Lee! I'm a huge fan of your movies!"
     "It's nice to meet you kid, now how do you know my pupil? You a fan of his?" Bruce Lee asks.
     "Actually, uhm, he's my brother."
     "That so? Well it's a pleasure to meet you."
     After exchanging introductions, you turn away from the commotion as Ozpin clears his throat to regain the room.
     "Now that everyone has met, I would like to finish what I came here to do. Ruby Rose, (Y/N) Lee, would you like to enroll at Beacon?"
     While Ruby exclaims an excited 'yes', you deadpan and decline the gray haired headmasters request.
     "I'm sorry, I beg your pardon Mr. Lee?" Ozpin asks, all eyes now on you.
     "Not to be rude sir, but I have some other obligations that are taking up a majority of my time. Along with not wanting to run into anymore of my family and the fact that I'm still a year off from the enrollment age I would like to respectfully decline." You explain.
     This has everyone in the room reacting differently. Ozpin and the blonde haired woman are taken aback and Ruby sits on with an even bigger frown than before. Your mentor pulls you aside however, bringing you in close for a private conversation.
     "(Y/N) you should take this opportunity." Bruce Lee says.
     "Why? Sifu I have the movie I'm working on as well as I still have my training!" You ask.
     "This is the perfect opportunity for you to train! To face your problem head on! Besides I know deep down you still want to become a huntsman. And I'm sure we can work something out with my old friend Oz about your movie. What do ya say kiddo?"
     You groan, causing your mentor to chuckle before breaking the huddle and answering for you.
     "My pupil has decided to change his mind. He will gladly enroll at Beacon under the condition that his studies don't interfere with the production of his movie." Bruce Lee says.
     "You're starring in a movie?" Ruby exclaims.
     "Very well, that can all be arraigned. Then I would like to welcome you both, Ruby Rose and (Y/N Lee, to Beacon Academy. Class starts next week." Ozpin says as he and the blonde haired woman leave the room.
     "Sifu Lee, are you sure about this?" You ask, still apprehensive about the situation.
     "Oh relax kid, you'll do fine. Besides I know someone who'd be more than happy to see you going." Bruce Lee says, directing your attention to your still awestruck sister.
     "I can't believe my brothers going to be in a movie! I can't wait to tell Ya-"
     Before Ruby could finish her sentence you slam your fist into the table, cutting her off from her sentence. You were about to speak before your mentor placed his hand on your shoulder, gesturing you to breath. After a deep breath, you began to speak.
     "Rubes, look. Seeing you has been bittersweet. And I'm willing to give you a chance. But not yet Yang. And definitely not Dad. I'm not ready for that. Can we keep this between us?" You ask.
     Your sister looked on saddened. She couldn't blame you, but it hurt nonetheless. The memory of the day you left still playing in her head, haunting her. And now she's reunited with her big brother, only to find he's made a life for himself with out her and the family was a gut punch she was trying to hide.
     "I promise I won't tell them." Ruby says sadly.
     "Thanks Rubes, I appreciate it." You say, bringing your younger sister in for an embrace, brightening the silver eyed girls mood.

(A/N: Hello everyone! Or at least to the people who still read this story. It's been a little over a year since I've done anything on Wattpad and believe me life's been crazy. Though I'm back now and I'm ready to write! I mean it too! Breaking down this chapter I wanted to make you the up and coming actor, taking the place of a retiring Bruce Lee. Kinda like a Creed situation with Rocky and Adonis. Like I mentioned in the last chapter you're not going to outright hate Ruby, Yang, and Tai. I wanted to treat the situation a little more nuanced and well since Ruby didn't do anything to the character, he'd be most inclined to accept her. If it feels a little rushed I promise it'll be fleshed out better in upcoming chapters but I wanted to change it up from the spite and hate from how you acted before. That's all for now, see you all very soon!)