6.

Logan POV-

As soon as I step outside of the Gilmore house, I pick up my phone and dial Odette's number. It's probably later at night in London, but I made a promise to her to check in once I landed.

She thinks I'm in Hartford to meet with my father about future business plans. She has no idea I'm in Stars Hallow, seeing Rory, the mother of my child.

Her phone goes straight to voicemail. Well, at least she can't say I didn't try. Lately, Odette has seemed distant. Never really paying attention to what I'm saying, always away. Although, I suppose, I can say the same for myself.

"What are you doing to yourself, Logan?" I say to myself. I've picked up the habit of talking to myself during stressful days at the office and when the apartment is empty from Odette's absences.

I can't keep stringing them both along, I know that. But I'm torn. My future with Odette is certain. Hell, she's going to be my wife soon.

But Rory, she's different. I have a history with her. She'll always be my love. I can't let her go. At the same time, I don't know what would happen if I told Odette the truth and broke things off.

"Get yourself together, Logan," I mutter under my breath. "You're not here to think about Odette. You're here to see Rory. Rory.

The door behind me swings open and there's Rory, peeking her head out, a drink in hand.

"Rory!" I say, jumping up. "I was just going in."

She looks surprised. "You're staying?"

I smile. She's cute this way. "Of course I am. I want to stay as long as I can." I really mean it. Going back means going back to Odette and her absences, and to my father and his demands. Here, I'm with Rory, my old love, the mother of my child. Besides, it's been a while since I've popped into old Stars Hallow.

"Great! Now come back, I miss you," She says, pouting adorably.

"Miss me? I've been gone for two minutes."

"Just come in. I haven't seen you in a while," She says, walking away, leaving the door open.

"One week. I'm giving myself one week to decide this," I say to myself. "It's either one or the other."

I get up and go inside, where it's a madhouse.

Lorelei is rushing around, trying to write ten things down at once, hassling Rory and Laine to help. They aren't budging.

"Lorelei!" I call once I'm inside and the door is closed. She seems like she could use an extra hand.

She appears in an instant. "Yes? Make it quick, I've got two people on hold."

"I can help," I say. "With the, um-" I've just realized I don't know what party Lorelei is planning.

"Baby shower?" She offers, waiting expectantly.

I snap my fingers. "Right, baby shower. I'll help in any way I can."

She looks relieved. "Thank God you said that." She smiles at me gratefully.

"Any time." I return her smile. "So, what's the task?"

She hesitates before handing me the phone. "I need you to call my mother, Emily. Redirect her to the inn, make sure she's settled, things like that. Good luck!" She flees the room as if it were on fire.

I've known Emily Gilmore to be a nice person, but I suppose Lorelei would say otherwise. I scroll through Lorelei's contacts, tapping on "Mom-AKA Emily the Impossible".