5.

Lorelei POV-

It seems that I have spent the past three hours with my phone glued to my ear.

"No," I argue to the baker. "Just a simple white cake, chocolate filling. It's for my daughter."

"Oh," says the baker on the other line. "Is she having a birthday?"

I roll my eyes. "You got the birth part right."

There is a slight pause on the line. "What?"

"Never mind," I say quickly. "What does it matter if she's having a birthday? I already told you, blue lettering with the word "congratulations". How hard is that to get right?" I have ten other people to call after this man.

"Alright, ma'am, that's a chocolate cake with white filling and-" He starts.

"No!" I yell across the kitchen. I want to throw something. "White cake with chocolate filling. Lettering with the word "congratulations". It's very simple."

He repeats the order to me one last time. I let out a sigh of relief. "Yes, thank you."

I hang up the phone to see Laine standing right in front of me.

I nearly jump. "Laine! How are you doing, sweetie?"

"Pretty good, but we have a situation." She walks with me, putting her arm around her shoulder.

I groan. "What is it now?"

"Um, were you planning on inviting Logan to Rory's party?" She asks, looking at the ground, as if she's not telling me something.

"Well, I didn't think he'd be able to come, but it'd be good so she and Logan can talk about their future," I say, walking out of the kitchen into the foyer with Laine.

"Well, good," Laine says, stopping. "Because he's here." There's a faint knock at the door, and Laine rushes to get it.

There's Logan, looking fresh, despite the inevitable jet lag that he has most likely experienced on the way over here. He is smiling, and holding a bouquet of flowers.

I can't help but gasp. He's always been such a gentleman.

"Logan!" I say, unsure of what else to say. I'm blanking at words. "Um, do you want me to get those in water?"

He grins, handing me the flowers. "Thanks, Lorelei. Is Rory here yet?"

I shake my head. "No, I sent her out about a hour ago so she wouldn't interfere with my plans."

He frowns, looking confused. "What plans?"

Of course. Laine didn't tell him he was coming in the middle of Rory's baby shower. He probably doesn't know that Rory's pregnant.

"Um, I'll let Rory explain when she gets here," I say, turning red. I walk in the direction of the kitchen, to get the flowers in a vase. But really, I don't want to be here when the tough conversation between Rory and Logan begins.

I remember the day I told Christopher I was pregnant. The first thing he suggested was running away together. I refused, I had to tell my parents first, before I could even think about that. We never did really run off together. I left on my own accord, without Christopher there for most of her life.