00:23

words:4029

Kickin' it~

7th June 2012.

It was my 18th birthday. I felt really weird, because I knew I'd have a billion of them. I wondered how many Jack has had, then I cracked up laughing because I doubt 7,500 + candles, would fit on a cake, you'd probably need one the size of France or something. I thought it was kind of wierd that my baby chose last night to come back, but it felt good despite all the painI went through.

I looked over at Jack and he was sound asleep, his arm draped lazily around my shoulders. His hair was a mess, a little more than his usual bed hair and his breathing was slow and paced. I smiled and held back my giggle. I still couldn't believe how innocent he looked when he slept. He looked like he wouldn't shoot a puppy. I ran my finger along his cheekbone and down his neck, getting to his chest when he suddenly groaned.

"Morning." Jack sounded groggy.

"Morning." I whispered back. I slowly buried my face into his neck and his arm pulled me closer to him. Jack moved his spare hand and gently tucked my hair back behind my ear, I closed my eyes as his lips brushed against my ear.

"Happy birthday..." He whispered as I continued to nuzzle my face against his neck.

"Thanks." I whispered back, keeping my face against the crook of his neck.

"I'll be back in a minute." Jack left me with a sweet kiss and I watched as he climbed off the bed, and made his way over to his wardrobe, grabbing a black shirt and buttoning it up as he left the room.

I chuckled quietly to myself and grabbed my phone off the bedside table. I laid back down on the bed and snuggled into the covers, lying on my side as I turned my phone on. I had some messages.

From: Grace

Message: Happy birthday, meet me at school, I've got a present for you.

.

From: Grace

Message: P.S where were you at school yesterday?

.

From: Mom

Message: Happy birthday honey. I hope you have a good day, love you lots. Come home afterschool so I can give you your present.

.

I smiled as I read all of my messages. I suddenly felt guilty for being mad at Mom. I mean my baby did come back, and Jack compelled her to forget she was a slayer. In a way, she thought she was doing the right thing, and I was Ok with that, surprisingly. I was jerked out of my thoughts as Jack came back into the bedroom, climbing back under the covers, hugging me to him.

"Here you go." Jack passed me a blood bag. I smiled at him and drank it slowly, savouring it.

"So, I've got a surprise for you later, but you still have to go to school." He said after a few minutes of silence.

"Ok, I'm probably gonna leave about eight-ish, because Mom needs to see me, and then I'm meeting Grace at school." I said.

I hadn't seen Grace since I attacked her. I wondered if I should tell her about me and Jack being vampires, but I didn't know how she would take it. Maybe it would just be best if this secret stayed buried. No pun intended.

"That's Ok, text me if Grace takes you anywhere." Jack smiled at me.

"I'm just hoping she doesn't remember I tried to kill her." I said.

"She won't." Jack reassured me.

"Are we ever going to tell her about everything?" I asked. "I mean, she asked me where I was at school a few days ago, when I was home with you, and she's mybest friend."