*•*•Red Eyes•*•*

*•*•Red Eyes•*•*

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Liam

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I heard a scream. It was filled with pain, and sadness, and most of all, fear. It was a horrible scream.

I rushed towards the sound of the girl.

I stood in the shrubs lining the clearing she was in. And then I smelled the blood.

It was leaking from several places. A few niks here and there, a scratch or two on her arms, and a wide scrape over her knee.

She was covered in ashes, but I still smelled the blood.

I stepped out into the clearing. I stared at her. Her green eyes were wide with fear. And then she screamed.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I leaped on her.

She fell over on the ground as I tackled her, her black hair flying out behind her. I went for a cut on her shoulder. I bit into her, tearing at the bloody flesh. Her bright green eyes were still wide open.

Then I bit into a cut on her arm. I could see her cringe as she heard my teeth connecting with her bone. I could see her forcing herself to keep her eyes open.

I pawed at the ground, and my hind claws ripped into her blackened pajama pants and scraped at her flesh. She winced.

I put my front paw up on her cheast and rested most of my weight on it. I leaned over to lap up her blood.

It was delicius. It tasted of nutty, creamy cheese, fresh sliced pears, and wine. It was overall perfect-perfectly sweet.

Then Darryl howled.

I looked up, then ran off. I felt something snap under me. Maybe it was the girl. Who cared. By now she was as good as dead.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I trotted up to D.

We both morphed back into our human forms. Our fur retracted, our face changed shape, our bones reknit themselves. But it was worth it.

We could talk.

Talking aloud is a lot easier than talking in wolf growls. You have a very tiny vocabulary as a wolf, and most if it we don't know. We just learn the easy stuff.

"So why'd you call me?"

"Pack meeting. Why we should't have human blood. My three main points are that humans taste like brussles sprouts, humans are rarely finished, and most are turned."

"Yeah, but I'm one of the only pack members that eats them. And I may have just complicated things. I attacked a girl. And she'll either die or turn."