SHAMED

COPYRIGHT :

                              COPYRIGHT :

    All Rights Reserved to -Tianna Francis.

As an author,I've spent many hours trying to come up with ideas for this book. I put my blood,sweat and tears into this book and I plead with you to not steal my ideas.

All characters,settings and plots are completely fictional. If there are any similarities to any real life experiences or persons,it is purely coincidental.

Drafted : May 4 , 2018
Finished : —

Dedication:

          This book is for anyone who was ever called
                          outside of their name.
         This is for anyone who was ever rejected.
This is for the girls who feel prettier in short,skin-         
                                 tight dresses.
This is for my girls who love to wear lots of makeup
                    'cause it's nobody's business.
    This is for my girls who are judged at first glance.
       This is for my girls who genuinely enjoy sex !

                    My love,this one is for you.

                                        Por quê:

This book began as a diary of some sort. I wrote about the way I felt about certain societal issues among teenagers,specifically. Some of these being :

. Slut Shaming
. Body Shaming
. Bullying
. Peer Pressure

These are things that I've both witnessed and experienced,being a teenager myself. The main focus of this book is slut shaming. The reason why I chose to write a book about this is because I feel that in almost every book,there's a good girl who gets the popular guy. This leads to the popular guy's old girlfriend,who is often referred to as a "toy",shamelessly bullying the good girl. Let's not forget to mention that the "toy" wears revealing clothing and too much makeup.

We are often too quick to judge the other woman. Although wrong,it is understandable at times. In that,we've already grown accustomed to the good girls or the nerd,seeing that most of the time the book is in their POV. We're already rooting for them. But we're almost never rooting for the "slut". We're almost always tearing her down even though most of the time,she had the guy first. We criticize her clothes and laugh at her when she makes a fool of herself trying to get him back. We create an image of her in our heads even though we have never actually seen her side.

What if those "revealing clothes" are what she feels confident in ? What if he is actually the only boy she's ever had sex with ? What if wearing a lot of makeup makes her feel pretty ? What if the reason she's trying so hard to get him back is because he stole her heart ? What if you were wrong about her all this time ?

What if he is actually the bad guy ? Everyone is always so quick to blame the "slut". Yet no alarm bells go off in your heads when he calls her "easy". What does that say about his character or the kind of boy he is ?

You see,we always write about the nerds who get the guy. We write about the good girls whose innocence captures the bad boys. We even write about the bad girls who steal the guys. And we always throw in a "slut" who tries to get the guy. Immediately, every reader jumps at the chance to shame her. Everyone enjoys it when the boy doesn't choose her,no one ever thinks about her or the way she feels.

No one cares to know her side.

But now,you will see her side. You will listen to everything she has to say. You will cry with her,laugh with her and relate to her.

And lastly,you will root for her.

Welcome to Shamed.