Chapter 9-Aftermath.

Začať od začiatku

‘Urgh what’s with all the freaking noise!’ i screamed, getting very annoyed. ‘What happened with Vic and I is none of your, or anyone else’s business. Yes we broke up. Yes i still love him. AND yes, things are complicated. Let’s just leave it at that shall we?’

Without waiting for a reply, i advanced upstairs to my room, Al trailing along behind me. 

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and ignoring my phone. At 11, exhaustion finally took over and i wandered into sleep.

***********

School the next day was definitely something that i did NOT look forward to.

Since i had got up extra early to wash my hair, i found myself with some spare time. Deciding i had nothing better to do, i actually bothered getting dressed. I shampooed and conditioned my hair and scrubbed every inch of my body in strawberry scented soap. My face was tortured with blue mask and i had filed and french manicured my nails. Pulling on a pair of white jeans and a baby blue top, i admired my reflection. The girl in the mirror’s hair was neatly left lose, with her fringe covering half her left eye. She wore a pair of white flats with blue stones and her make up was minimal-just lip balm, eyeliner and powder. Her skin radiated and she had an aura of...freedom. A sense of being let lose. 

All the way down the stairs, i pondered over what possessed me to actually get dressed. The best i could come up with, was that now since i was officially single i’d have to make a good impression on the guys. But i knew that wasn’t true.

I wanted Vic to fight. Something he had never done. With his good looks, charm and charisma he was accustomed to getting whatever he want. Even girl’s falling to his feet. Don’t mistake me, he was a good person. Never took advantage of his good fortune, not too cocky or arrogant. He was a good person. He was just so used to getting what he wanted, that he never fought for what he couldn’t have. I wanted him to look at me..and get startled by my so called beauty. I wanted him to think ‘damn i can’t let her go! she’s mine’. I just wanted him to fight. To prove he loves me. To change for me, but not lose himself. I just wanted him to fight for us.

My entry into school was like every other day. I walked 2 steps behind Harry and as soon as we entered all eyes turned our way. People above my grade immediately flocked Harry and students my grade or below surrounded me. 

Without beating around the bush, everyone promptly began questioning me about Vic. Whether it’s true we broke up, why, will we get back together, do i regret it. I had barely satisfied everyones curiosity with my one word answers or ‘no comment’. This went on and on, that is until-Vic arrived. 

He set foot inside and the air became tense. Students eyes travelled between me and Vic as if we were a tennis match. Looking into Vic’s eyes i had expected to see longing or hostility. One of the polar opposites. Imagine my surprise, when i see nothing? Staring into his eyes was like looking at an empty white wall. Nothing to see. He walked to his group and greeted everyone, proceeding to walk straight-having and entourage of girls following him. 

Shit! I almost forgot about those desperate sluts. I would have a very hard time containing my jealousy here. They hung off him like leeches on blood for the rest of the day, and all i wanted to do was go and claw their hands off MY guy. Admittedly, i had caught Vic sneaking glances at me every now and then during lunch of in the hallways, and i felt oddly a bit better knowing that he actually cared. I know he still loved me. Thats one thing i never doubted about Vic. He loved me. Sometime i just wish he would bother to show it more often. Or even act like it. He was always expecting me to do everything. That darned boy got on my last nerve.

Speaking off, i could see other boys getting on his last nerve. His jaw was set hard and i knew he was fighting control. He wanted to come and rip these single flirty guys off me. He just had too much damned pride. I wish he’d do it though. I wish he’d prove me wrong for breaking up with him. I wish he’d make me regret it. I want him to show me he still cares. 

I had walked from every class to the cafeteria to the car with atleast one guy coming after me. They’d offer to carry my bag, or buy my lunch, or take me out for dinner, or the movies..the list just went on. Were they really that oblivious to the fact that i just wanted Vic back? I mean for God’s sakes, have some shame will you. 

After what seemed to be the longest day of my life, i was finally in the comfort of my bed.

***************************************

Waking up, the tell tale signs of the sky told me it was past 7. And the rumbling of my stomach told me it was dinner time. I went down to find my family already eating, claiming that they didn’t want to wake me up.

After a luscious meal of Cream Cheese Pasta, i re entered my room ready to fall back to sleep. Guess my family had other plans.

Following a slight knock on the door, Harry entered. 

‘Hey, What’s up?’

‘Oh please Harry. You wanna know something about me and Vic, otherwise you wouldn’t be here. What do you wanna know?’ I got straight to the point. I mean i love my brother and all, but we hardly had heart to hearts and he only came to my room if he actually wanted something.

‘Ok fine. I just wanted to know why. I mean i saw they way you were looking at him throughout the day. You looked ready to throttle Candice and her barbies and i saw the...love?, and longing in your eyes. He had it too, you know. He kept looking at you. After your call that night, he was a bit lost, and broken i guess. He loves you. Why?

‘Because love isn’t always enough. We used to be best friends Harry. I used to tell him everything. I loved him as a friend first. At the beginning of our relationship, i still did. He was the same. He was the 10 year old adorable baby boy i fell in love with. Then we just..lost it. We stopped talking as much. Only made out when me met. He stopped fighting for me. Fighting for us. You say he loves me. How do you know? He never shows me! He stopped trying to woo me and he stopped taking me on dates. Dont get me wrong, he still treats me with utmost respect...but he had me. So that made him stop trying to keep me. He took me for granted. I still love him. You know i do, with all my heart. I just broke up with him to knock some sense into him. To make him man up and fight for me. People say that the best way to get someone’s attention is to stop giving them yours. So that’s what im doing. Vic stopped thinking about keeping me, just because he had me. I dont know Harry...i just wanna go back to the days where the phone would ring..and i knew it was him.Where we would cuddle and watch disney movies. I don’t wanna be an option. No girl deserves to be an option. And i know that i can’t have him now, or a week from now, or a month from now, or even a year from now. However, i know that eventually i will be his again. And he will be mine. We’ll have a patient love, a love where he fights for me, a love where i don’t think of anyone else because i’m too busy thinking of new ways to love him. I’m gonna wait for him. I’ll never ever forget what we had just a few months back. He gave me too much to remember. 

I love Vic, i hate Vic, and i cannot live without Vic. He’s Prince Charming. My knight and shining armor. He’s my everything. I want him to fight for me. And when he does? I’ll be right here.’

‘Fair enough little sis. Goodnight.’

‘Goodnight big brother.’