Chapter 8

*Katessa*

I had made my way to Santa Monica, stopping at a liquor store and bought a bottle of Jack. I then got a motel room for the night. I had drank the entire bottle by midnight and I don't even remember falling asleep. All I know is I had peace to think about everything.

When I had woken up, I still wasn't completely sober. And I still decided to drive back to Huntington.

When I stumbled through the front door, I was crowded by the guys, Michelle, and Val. Who all looked worried. The only one I noticed that wasn't there was Zacky.

"Are you okay, Tess?" Michelle asked me as she and Val helped me up the stairs to my room.

I barely nodded as Val sat next to me, her twin leaving and Matt entering.

"What's going on?" Matt asked, sounding worried. "Why did you take off like that? You scared Zacky. You scared all of us goddammit!"

"You really want to know why?" I snapped, barely seeming like myself because I was so pissed. "I didn't want to get in between Zacky and Gena! They're getting married in less than a month and I fucking kissed him! And becuase of my past!"

I was seething by this point. And by the looks of it, Matt was even scared a little. Well, he should be. I had my Dad's temper.

I barely noticed someone walk passed Matt and up to me. I was that focused on the vocalist in front of me.

"Tess, listen to me," Zacky's soothing voice said, calming me.

I almost felt my anger and rage fly out the window. I closed my eyes, hearing the faint sounds of Matt and Val leaving my room and shutting the door.

"What?" I whispered, my voice cracking.

"You don't have to worry about anything," He told me as the both of us sat on my bed. "I broke it off with Gena."

I looked up at him, "Why?" I asked simply.

"She was cheating on me," he responded, his voice quiet. "I found out from multiple sources."

"You didn't deserve that," I told him, getting him to look at me. "You're too kind."

"Look, Tess, I want to get to know you better," he told me. "Your actions tell me so much more than your words could. I realized I actually do love you."

I was shocked, "Really?" I asked quietly.

He nodded, "Really," he confirmed. "Now, do you feel up to telling me what it is about your past that you're so scared of me finding out?"

"I-I can't," I choked out, tears threatening to fall. "He'll come after you."

He just pulled me close, "Hey, don't worry, Tess," he whispered, carding his fingers through my black hair. "It's alright."

He just held onto me for the longest time. I didn't move from where I was resting against his chest, "Zacky, I want you to meet someone."

"Who is it, Tess?" He asked me before he placed a kiss to my forehead.

"My Dad," I whispered. "I met with him a little over a month ago and I had a great time. I actually loved him. And we've been having lunch every Tuesday and Friday."

"I'll meet whoever you want me to," he said to me with a small smile.

I returned the smile before Lana, Kensi, and Kelsi ran in, pulling me from Zacky's grasp. They looked like they were looking me over for injuries.

"Where..."

"...Were..."

"...You?"

I looked between the three. They seemed to be on the exact same brain frequency. Kensi to Kelsi to Lana.

"I went to Santa Monica," I told them hesitantly.

But, I suddenly wished I didn't because Lana, Kensi, and Kelsi smacked me upside the head at the same time.

"Ow!" I hissed, rubbing my head. "That fucking hurt!"

"Then don't scare us like that!" The three shouted at the same time.

"Calm yo tits, ladies," I said. "I'm fine. Now, I have a lunch date with a couple people."

"You getting out?" Kelsi asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"With who?" Kensi asked, her face mirroring her identical twin's.

"My dad and Zacky," I told them before Zacky and I made our way downstairs.

I hurried into the bathroom, cleaning up from last night. I was regretting it severely. The drinking that is.

Apparently Lana put some clothes on the counter after I had stepped into the shower. The warm water felt so good.

When I was done, I pulled on the clothes Lana put in here. A lacy purple matching panty set, a pair of black skinny jeans, and a black Vengeance University tee.

Wait. That wasn't anything I owned. Nor did, Kelsi, Kensi, or Lana. It must have been one of the guys, Val, or Michelle.