Chapter 6

It had beed a few days and Lana, Kelsi, and Kensi wanted to take Michelle, Val, and Gena out for a little while. Shopping. I had flat refused to go because I hate shopping.

I was laying on the couch in the living area when my phone rang. It was that same number my dad called from before.

I hesitantly answered it, "Hey."

"Hey, Tessa," he greeted. "Well, I was wondering if you could maybe have lunch with me?"

"I-I don't know," I told him.

"It's alright, if ya don't want to," He told me quickly.

Maybe it will be a good thing. Maybe it could actually make my life better.

"Wait, Dad, how about we meet at this one cafè in town," I told him. "I want to get to know you."

"Alright," he told me. "I look forward to meeting you."

"I'll be wearing the jacket you asked Rob to give me," I told him.

"Alright," he said. I could hear a smile in his voice. "I can't wait. I'll talk to ya in a bit."

We both hung up. I put my phone in my jeans pocket and stood up, grabbing the leather jacket with the Mötley Crüe insignia on it.

I pulled it on before I grabbed the keys to my car and headed out, getting in the black mustang.

I started the engine and pulled out of the driveway, navigating to the cafè I told my dad to meet me at.

When I got there, I came to a stop and cut the engine. I looked around. I apparently looked just like him. Then I saw the same black hair walking up to the doors.

I quickly got out and made my way up to him. He must have heard me walking because he turned to me. He had a nervous smile on his face.

*Zacky*

I was driving back to the house when I saw Tess with some guy at a cafe. What was going on? I noticed a shocking resemlence between the two. When the guy made her laugh, I felt my stomach doing flips once again.

Why was this happening to me? I hadn't maybe two or three conversations with her at most. And yet I was reacting like this. I had to do something, so, who do I go to? Brian.

I pulled into his driveway and got out, going inside.

"Brian! You home?" I called out as I walked into the living room.

I heard a guitar in one of the rooms upstairs, so I followed it. I opened the door, finding Brian sitting on the floor playing random rhythms. He looked up with a confused look.

"What are you doing here?" he asked as he set the guitar aside.

"Well, I need to talk to you," I told him.

He nodded as I sat on one of the chairs in front of him.

"Go ahead, speak," he said to me.

I sighed, "Well, I don't know how to explain it, but, my stomach does flips everytime I see Tess smile or hear her laugh," I told him. "And that never happens with Gena."

"Dude, just forget it," Brian told me, smacking my head. "You're getting married in a couple months and not to mention, she's Rob's daughter!"

"Actually, Rob took her in when she was almost seventeen," I corrected. "She has never met her dad."

"He still takes care of her, Zacky," Brian said to me, smacking me again. "So, same thing!"

I rubbed where he smacked me, "I guess you're right," I muttered before I stood, turning to leave. "Thanks, Bri."

"No problem," He replied before going back to playing random rhythms.

I sighed and made my way back out to my car. I had to shake these feelings.