Chapter 5

I was sitting on the sand, watching everyone have a great time. I sighed before I took a drink of my beer. Rob still hasn't showed up. I have a feeling he will though. He always does before a cookout ends.

My phone rang and I pulled it out of my jean's pocket, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Tess, I heard about what you did," Rob said, sighing. "You have always been stubborn."

"Do you blame me?" I asked him quietly, bringing my knees up to my chest.

I would never raise my voice to him. Not after he was kind enough to take me in after I had tried to steal from him. He was a real father. Unlike my own.

"Tess, listen, he didn't want to see you until he got clean," he told me. "And he got clean when you were twelve. But, your mother, being the bitch she is, wouldn't let him see you. So, it's not his fault you never met him."

"Well, I might think about it," I muttered.

"Good," he told me. "I'll be there in a little while. So, be social. I know you're sitting on the sand not talking to anyone."

I sighed, "Alright," I told him. "I'll see ya in a little while."

"I love you, Tess," He said.

"I love you too, Rob," I responded before I hung up.

I sighed as I went to get up, but, I was shocked when I saw someone offer their hand to help.

"Here, let me help," Zacky said with a smile.

"Thanks," I muttered as I took his hand.

He pulled me to my feet. I walked with him back to where the others were.

"Hey, Tess, finally decide to join us?" Lana asked, smiling.

"Hey, you look beautiful tonight," Some blonde told me as she walked up to me.

I smiled as she pulled me into a hug, "Thank you," I said to her as I pulled away.

"Hey, Tess! Rob is here!" Kelsi exclaimed from the kitchen area.

I sighed as I looked to Zacky and Gena, "Could you excuse me for a few?" I asked, smiling.

The both of them nodded before I made my way inside.

"Hey, Tess," Rob greeted as he pulled me into a hug. "You feeling better?"

I nodded, "Yeah," I said as I pulled away from the hug. "Where are the others?"

"They had to get back," Rob explained.

I nodded before I made my way back outside.

"Hey, Tess, can I talk to you for a second?" Gena asked me with a smile.

I nodded as she led me off to the side out of hearing range of the guys. She really did look gorgeous. Zacky was a lucky guy to have her.

"So, what did ya want to talk about?" I asked, shoving my hands in my jeans pockets as we walked.

"Well, I was wondering if you could do my makeup for my wedding," she told me. "A friend of mine had emailed me some pictures of what you did for hers."

I shurgged, "It depends on when your wedding is," I told her. "I might have to go with Rob to help him with a movie."

Gena nodded, "It's in a couple months."

I nodded, "Rob isn't supposed to start filming or anything until the first of the year," I explained. "So, I'll most likely be able to."

"You did a really good job on Katie," She said. "She looked beautiful."

"Thank you," I said, giving her a small smile. "Kellie, Rob's head makeup artist, taught me everything she could."

"Again, thank you so much," Gena said to me, giving me a smile and a hug.

I returned the hug hesitantly.

This was going to be a long night.