Chapter 3

I opened the door to the beach house, letting the guys in. I walked in behind them and closed the door.

"Sorry there's no food," I said. "Usually have to stock up after we get here."

The guys nodded as I walked out the back door. It was night now and I had already told them to pick their rooms. Which I hoped they did.

I walked over to my hiding place where I hid my Jack from Rob. I grabbed it before I walked out onto the sand and sat by the water.

I opened my Jack and took a long swig of it. Letting the burning liquid slide down my throat. It felt good.

"I thought you didn't have any," a voice said from behind me.

I shrugged, "I hid it from Rob," I told him, not looking to him as he sat next to me.

"You know, you can talk to someone," Zacky told me as he looked out to the ocean.

"Who would understand?" I asked him before I took another swig of the whiskey.

"I might not understand but, I am a good listener," He told me, taking the bottle from me.

He poured it out before he handed the bottle back to me.

"Fine," I sighed. "Well, my father was never around and my mom never really did anything for me. I had to learn to do everything for myself from a young age. When I was sixteen, almost seventeen, I had tried to steal from Rob. He took me in and raised me like I was his own."

Zacky nodded as I continued, "I had started hanging out with the wrong crowd and started down the path my father did. And Rob has been trying to help me. So have Kirk, James, Lars, and Robert."

Zacky nodded, "So they love you right?"

I hesitantly nodded, "Yeah?"

"Then why are you drowning yourself in booze?" He asked me.

I sighed, "Too much shit on my mind," I told him.

I wasn't going to tell him that just yet.

He nodded as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, giving me a side hug. Both his presence and the sound of the ocean were calming.

"So, did you all claim your rooms?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah," he responded. "The guys passed out as soon as they hit the bed."

I nodded as I stood, him following.

"We had better get back," I said.

He nodded as the both of us made our way back to the house.

"Hey, can I get a smile?" Zacky asked me, grinning.

I turned to him. He had this silly grin, trying everything to get me to smile. When he poked my side, I couldn't help it. I started laughing. That tickled. I was very ticklish.

"She smiles!" Zacky exclaimed as we got to the porch.

I shook my head, the smile still on my face, "You need to be quiet unless ya want to wake the others," I told him, smiling as I opened the door.

We made our way inside and went our separate ways to our rooms.

I just laid there on my bed, staring at the ceiling. He was handsome. But, I just couldn't say anything. So, I just turned over and fell asleep.