Chapter 7

*Katessa*

I sighed as the guys had joined me for the night. They wanted to keep me company since Kensi, Kelsi, and Lana had to go somewhere with their filming job.

It had been about a month since I first agreed to meet my dad. We had been meeting up every Tuesday and Friday to have lunch. I enjoyed it.

"Hey, Zacky, Tess, we're going out for beer! Be back in a little while!" Matt called out to us.

"Whatever," I called back as he walked out with three of the guys following him.

"So, what do ya wanna do?" Zacky asked me as I grabbed the last two cans of beer, handing him one of them.

He took it and opened it, "I thought we might be able to talk," I told him as I opened my beer.

I took a long drink of it, sighing deeply when I removed the can from my lips.

"Well, I just wanted to say that you're beautiful," Zacky said, catching me off guard.

"What?" I asked, shocked. This couldn't be happening at all.

"I told you that you're beautiful, Tess," he repeated with a smile.

"Thank you," I whispered, still shocked. 

A guy had never called me beautiful. While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Zacky get up so he was standing in front of me. When I came back into the real world, I decided to speak my mind.

"And you're handsome," I told him.

I saw him smile a bit before I felt his lips pressed to mine. I was shocked at first, but, something inside me didn't care that he was getting married shortly. I responded to the kiss instantly. He reached up, tangling his fingers in my hair as I did his.

When we finally broke apart, "That was the best kiss I've ever had," Zacky whispered to me. 

"But, you're getting married soon, Zacky," I told him. "You shouldn't have kissed me."

"Tess, you make me feel like no one else can," he whispered. "I will gladly give up what I can for you."

"And also, you haven't spent that much time with me to really know me," I pointed out.

"If you will let me, I will listen," He responded. "I want to know all I can about you."

I hesitantly nodded, "Alright," I said quietly.

He smiled at me just as we heard a vehicle pull up, "Knock knock," Gena said.

Zacky and I exchanged a look and quickly pulled out of each other's arms before she got in the kitchen.

"Hey, Darling," Gena said, smiling. 

I couldn't watch it, so, I made my way up to my room.

"What the hell is this?" 

I could hear that screech perfectly. Even from my room. Apparently Gena smelled my faint purfume that had rubbed off onto Zacky. 

I locked my door. I hadn't expected it to turn out like that. So, I reached into my jacket pocket, feeling my keys, before I opened my window. Sure it was the second story of the house, but, I could do it. I've made higher jumps than that before. I bent my knees, ready for the impact. When I hit the ground, I took off in a dead on sprint to get to the car. I quickly got in and took off. 

I was freaking out. I couldn't go to Long Beach, Anaheim, or any of them. So, I knew the one place I actually could go. Santa Monica.