Chapter 3

I was in complete shock. Why'd he say he didn't want to come to the party, but hours later he ends up showing up?

A new found strand of confidence fused into my body. I assumed it was the alcohol, and I found myself walking towards William.

"You came", I said.

He nodded.

"Heh... William.... Uhm, uh, William sounds so formal... Can I call you Billy?", I said.

"Sure", he said.

He looked at me and then said nothing. It was like he was trying to end or close out the conversation.

Awkward silence...

His eyes then started moving upwards. His gaze turned to something- someone behind me.

"Oh hi, Valentina", Alana said with her fake smile.

She won't leave me alone, I just don't understand.

All three of us were silent, until she broke the silence and said "I see you've met the new kid in school, Will. I asked him to come tonight. I thought it'd be a nice way for him to meet people, speaking of which, why don't we go talk to the baseball team?".

He nodded and said ok, and Alana said "excuse us". They both walked away.

I was so confused. She asked him to come? Um no, I did. I was humiliated. First he turns my invitation down in the middle of the hallway, and then comes with Alana...? How could this be?

I need to leave. I couldn't stay here any longer. I went outside and saw Charlie and Carter outside. There was a huge crowd of people surrounding them. They were seeing who could chug the most beer in 30 seconds.

I was leaving the house until I heard behind me "Valentina, Valentina, over here! Come join us."

I turned around and saw that they wanted me to join them. I decided that it might actually be fun. It would take my anger, pain, and sadness away, temporarily.

I grabbed a beer and began chugging with them.

I blacked out. I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I saw Violet and Harley sitting beside me.

"Um what were you thinking, V!", Violet said.

I was inside one of Charlie's guest bedrooms. They said I passed out after drinking too much and they brought me up here.

"I told you before the party, I didn't want to see Charlie, but then I saw you hanging out with him!", Harley said. "Come on, Valentina!"

"Sorry", I murmured in response.

We ended up talking for a while. I told them all about my problems with Billy. They told me not to worry about it, and soon he'll be wrapped around my finger. I laughed at that. He was so not interested in me, that was never going to happen.

It's weird for me to be able to admit that. Normally, the situation is the other way around. Every boy I've ever known was always the one that was into me, and I've always been the one to decide if we were going to be "together" or not.

Later on, Violet and Harley went downstairs, and I went to the bathroom. We were planning on leaving soon because there was rumors going around that the neighbors called the police, and the cops were going to show up any minute now. I stared at myself in the mirror. I began to feel so tired.

Before I knew it, the bathroom door swung open. I saw Billy in front of me. He looked flustered. His face was all red. He looked almost like he was sweating. His eyes were somewhat red too.

He looked up at me and said " oh.. uh sorry I didn't know anyone was in here", and started closing the door.

He stopped closing the door and froze when I said, "what's wrong with you?". When I'm drunk I'm so bad at flirting, as you can see. He looked so confused, I was literally cringing at what I had just said.

I cleared my throat and said "That's, uh, not what I meant. What I meant to say was that.. ummm.. you don't look so good right now".

He turned and looked into the mirror and then back at me. "I'm fine."

I looked at him. My eyebrows furrowed. His green eyes almost glowing with veins under his eyes.

"Okay, well... I should go, you probably need to use the bathroom.", I said as I was leaving the bathroom.

I heard footsteps walking up the steps towards me and then I saw Harley.

"Are you all ready to go?", she said. I couldn't help but feel like she was acting like a mom. I said yes.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Billy looked though. Why did he look so flustered? Maybe because there was a lot of people at the party? But that doesn't explain the light pulsing veins under his eyes.

I finally came home and my parents were waiting in the living room for me. My parents are Marianne and Greg Sages.

"Where have you been all night, Valentina?", my mom said.

"I was over Charlie Portman's house. He was having some people over for a party".

"Okay, Valentina. Go up to bed it's late, and next time please let us know where you've been. We were worried and didn't know where you were", my mom said.

I nodded and went upstairs.

You're probably wondering why my parents were so cool about me going to a party. The last few weeks I've been totally down in the dumps. I'm pretty sure they're just happy to see me out again with my friends. Also, since my brother, Patrick, is missing, it's just me now. I'm their only child, and they don't want to lose me too.
*************************************
Thanks for reading Chapter Three! Hope you all enjoyed. Sorry that it is a pretty short chapter, next chapter will be longer!