The Flower of Carnage

Start from the beginning

Jennie's eyes began to fill with tears as she held the former possessions of her mother's in her hand, her ID badge, her police handgun, an item of jewellery and t-shirt that she left in her locker at the station. Jimin gave the girl a moment before he continued with the worst part of the story, "when you were born, your mother loved you very much, she didn't want you to grow up the world your dad was part of, she wanted better for you, so she confided in a close friend of hers, my boss Sergeant Cho, though he was just a normal police constable back then, she told him that she was going to run away with you, change her name and raise you far away from all this so you could have a normal life. A few months after she ran away she was found dead, and you were once again back with your father". Namjoon wrapped his arm around the weeping brunette next to him, "Jen's dad found out and murdered her?" he asked. Jimin shook his head, unable to make eye contact with either Namjoon or Jennie, "no" he said quietly, "the police did".

Jennie sat in silence, staring at the picture of her mother trying to take everything she had heard in. But where does a young woman even begin to comprehend everything? The love of her life close to death in the next room, an assassin hired by her own father trying to kill her, her mother not being who she thought she was and finding out she was murdered. Jennie didn't know what to think or do, she felt as though she was cursed, and had been since the day she was born. Her inner turmoil was distracted only momentarily by the sounds of a phone ringing in the room next door, however her attention soon returned to the woman's picture in her hand. Her mother was brave and loving, that should give Jennie some comfort, but instead it made her feel worse. She had never really felt a sense of personal loss when it came to her mother, rather she always felt cheated that she never got to know the woman in the first place, but this changed things, knowing now that her mother sacrificed her own life to try and save Jennie's gave the girl a feeling of heartbreak that she couldn't even describe. Jennie's mother gave up everything for her and it hurt.

"Thank you for telling me this Jimin, and in person too. I know this was a risk" Jennie managed to say pretty calmly, "I think you also deserve to know about Lisa, you care about her after all. She's in the next room, in a coma. The assassin Lone Wolf stabbed her in the stomach. Doctor Lee doesn't know if she'll survive". Jimin's heart stopped for a few seconds, he still had very strong feelings for the Thai.

Jisoo appeared at the door with a cell phone in her hand, "I'm sorry to interrupt you guys but Jihyo just called from the hospital, Seulgi has been shot".

"What?!" Jennie gasped. Jimin's eye widened "Seulgi? As in Detective Inspector Kang Seulgi? Oh my god is she ok?". Jisoo shrugged her shoulders while still listening to Jihyo on the phone, trying to relay the information best she could, "they don't know, she's alive but she's hurt bad. She got shot downtown a few hours ago". "Lone Wolf?" Namjoon asked. Jennie shook her head, "can't of been, she was at the club during that time, there is no way she could have shot Seulgi and then stabbed Lisa in that time frame". "Then who? Min-ji perhaps?" the lawyer responded. Jennie sighed as she stood up from the sofa, "I don't know but this shit stops now, call Tiffany, get Wendy, Chaeng and Rosie here. I'm calling a meeting".

"So what are we saying here exactly?" Wendy huffed irritably. Jennie handed the Canadian a glass of wine, "I'm sorry for dropping all this on you guys when you're worried about Lisa and still hurting about Joy. But we have to act, even Seulgi has been hurt over this. We can't let it go on any further". Wendy folded her arms and frowned, "you are not our leader Jennie. Lisa is". Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, "exactly, we wait till Lisa wakes up, we can hide until then". Rosé, who was not normally one for confrontation, stood next to Jennie to offer her support, "we have to prepare for the fact that Lisa might not wake up. We can't just let Jennie's dad pick us off one by one, if we do then there won't even be anyone here if Lisa does wake". "Chu?" Wendy asked in the purple haired girl's direction. Jisoo was sitting painfully quietly, not looking at any of the girls, " Wendy is right, Lisa is our leader. However, we are not going to let Lone Wolf or Jen's dad get away with trying to murder her. Jennie has sources and connections that the rest of us don't, she's the best option to take us forward in Lisa's absence". Wendy tapped her nails against the wine glass, "fine, but how? What is the actual plan here? We've been under Jennie's care for a while now and all we've done is run around a bit. At least Lisa had a plan, she actually tried to do something. She was going to kill Lone Wolf and that's more than any of us have done". Chaeyoung fidgeted in her seat, uncomfortable with how the conversation was going, "but Lisa was just angry about Joy, she's not actually a killer right? I mean, she wouldn't. And anyway, you guys heard Seulgi, she didn't think Lone Wolf even did kill Joy, if Lisa had known that maybe she wouldn't have gone".