Live Long and... Wait, What? - An Article by @AngusEcrivain

So Star Wars, eh?

Not gonna' lie, the franchise has most definitely influenced pretty much every aspect of my writing, which given the fact I'm predominantly a Sci-Fi writer should really come as no surprise.

I certainly wouldn't call myself a super fan. I mean I've watched all the movies over and over, so many times I've actually lost count - and yes, even Phantom Menace...

...but I've not read any of the novels or the graphic novels, nor have I watched any of the animated series or played the video games, a rather fun demo a few years ago aside.

None of that matters though, not really. The fact is that whether you're a super fan or not, if you write or have written science fiction you'd have to try really, really, really hard, not to be influenced by the Star Wars franchise.

And you know what? That's fine with me. I remember watching the original trilogy way back in the day, and the fact that those three movies are still incredibly watchable some forty years on is pretty amazing.

Over the years, Star Wars has leaked into pretty much all other aspects of entertainment, too. I mean, how many Star Wars references are there in TV shows nowadays? Chances are, there's at least one reference in a very high percentage of shows you watch, even if you don't watch TV!

So really my point here is, if in fact I'm attempting to make such a thing, is that Star Wars is awesome!

Live long, and... wait, what?