Closing Time

Is there anything better than a good ol' Space Opera? I mean, really. It's a genuine question to which there is only one answer.

No, no there isn't. Because Space Opera is awesome, and this issue really kinda' proves that.

Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you. Even better, I double-dog dare you.

Yeah, that's what I thought!

As always, lotsa' mothertroopin' thanks as always to everyone involved! Couldn't do this without y'all!

Wanna' see what we've got coming up? Have a gander below...

June 3rd - BonePunk

This one features exactly what it sounds like it features... Bone-based technology!

July 1st - Colonisation

Colonisation is the act where life forms move into a distant area where their kind is sparse or not yet existing at all and set up new settlements in the area. Colonisation applies to all life forms in a sense though it is most often used in reference to insects and humans. Insect colonisation varies from species to species though it most often involves a queen setting out from its parent colony and establishing a colony of her own at a suitable location.

Human colonisation is not to be confused with colonialism or imperialism, as colonisation is a broader category, encompassing all large-scale immigrations of an established population to a 'new' location, and expansion of their civilisation into this area. This process may or may not victimise an indigenous population (depending first on whether there is any indigenous population to victimise).

August 5th - The Anti-Hero Special

Science fiction and popular culture are rife with antihero characters. This issue is (or will be) TK's homage to such creations.

September 2nd - SpacePunk

Space is an ocean! Treat it as such!

In Spacepunk stories, the tools of the punk genre are combined with the themes of a Swords and Space tale. Here, a seemingly older civilization with advanced Space Age technology.

These stories have also been referred to simply as "Sword and Space" fantasy when dealing with an ancient civilization with advanced technology or "Retrofuturism" when the society is a modern society with advanced technology.

Star Wars is probably the most complete and well known example of this particular sub-genre.

October 7th - Final Contact

A sort of reverse to first contact, final contact details events surrounding one species' final contact with another.

November 11th - Remembrance Day Special: Military Science Fiction