36- Tumbling Thoughts

Celeste ran up to her room. Her mind was racing and she felt so frustrated and terrified and confused and-!
I need to calm down...Celeste took a deep breath, walking through the doorway to her room and sitting on her bed. She tried to make sense of the information she had just received, her mind churning relentlessly to get something from it.
How did those girls figure it out? I know they're right but how can they know? And those eyes and that mark... They seem so... Unnatural. No one has a birthmark shaped like a wilting rose! No one has eyes the color of fire that burns to hot, or steely blue like a icy blade! I can't even begin to fathom what the hell would happen when they are fully corrupted, not even close!
Head in her hands, she shook her head, trying to rid these irrational thoughts from her mind to focus on trying to solve the issue, but they just wouldn't clear! Ophiucus entered the room, tone soft as to not aggravate the frantically confused queen. Standing a length away from Celeste, Ophi sighed sadly.
"I don't understand either, to be honest. Also, the children have gone downstairs to the gardens. The private ones. Just thought I should let you know." Celeste nodded wordlessly.
A dark chill ran up the Queen's spine. Celeste froze, mind filling with fear and panic, as well as one terrified thought. He's here... She broke from her stupor and sprinted down the stairs, Ophiucus scrambling to catch up to her. The Queen was surprisingly fast for her position, but even royals had to run sometime or another.
"What's wrong?" Ophi yelled as they raced down the stairway.
All Celeste could say was, "He's here!" Over and over, screaming as she flew down the staircase, frantic and afraid. For the children, for her sibling, for Noctis, for herself. Umbra was a monster and Celeste was terrified of what he could do to them all.
All the children were in groups, cousins with cousins. They were all talking anxiously about the recent discovery, to wrapped up in their own words to realize what was happening around them.
Capricorn and Caprice froze. Both of them and the Queen screamed a warning as the dark figure lunged forward, blade glinting in the bright sunlight.
"LOOK OUT!" All three shrieked simultaneously.
Too late.

A piercing pain entered Virgo in her abdomen. She opened her mouth in a scream of agony as the blade was stabbed straight through her. The now bloodied dark silver blade stuck through Virgo's stomach, her eyes wide in shock. Blood trickled in rivulets down the surface, dripping onto her dress like slow rain. The sword's wielder turned it, evoking another agonized scream from Virgo. She could feel every shift of the blade, slicing through her like light through glass, easily like a hand through water. Pain, agony, terror, she felt nothing else. Vaguely, Virgo heard Scorp scream and think on the ground, clutching her abdomen. Scorpio was forcefully stopping his own shriek by clamping a hand over his lips. Virgo suddenly felt lightheaded, body limp as Umbra lifted her and the sword up into the air. She knew she was dying, and it was terrifying.
Then she saw Pisces, tears streaming his cheeks, eyes widened in shock and horror, strangled noises escaping from his throat. Not... Yet... I'm... Not... Dead... Yet!
Hoarse, shaky words left her mouth, "Tenebris Herba"
Virgo gritted her teeth. A shooting pain raced through her, feeling like thorns piercing her skin. A screech full of a mixture of anger and pain rang through the air.
Silence. Shocked faces and open mouths.
Virgo's eyes opened. They sparkled an emerald green, not too unusual, but her pupils in the shape of (pointed) flowers definitely made them strange. She gripped the blade, pulling it all the way through until she held it in her hands. No one made a sound as the gaping wound slowly sewed itself shut, tiny green sprouts linking together and knitting themselves into pale flesh. Virgo squeezed the sword in her hands and it crumbled to dust. A closed lip smile spread across her face, and a flash of bright green light revealed a gleaming scythe in her hands. The ferns in her dress rustled as she stepped, one by one, slowly towards Umbra, face blank save the smile that disclosed the long, sharp and elegant fangs that now extended from her upper jaw. Umbra backed up against the foliage, which had turned into a solid wall behind him.
"Virgo..." Pisces croaked. She turned her head towards him, face still blank.
"Yes?" Virgo raised her scythe like Death itself, coming to reap a person's soul.
"Please," he pleaded, walking tentatively towards her, "Don't do this, don't be like him! I know he deserves it, but if you kill him you will be just as bad as him! Virgo, just drop the weapon and walk away!" Virgo laughed.
"Kill him? Who said anything about killing him? No, I won't kill him, I'll cut him, one by one, until he either dies from agony or goes insane!" She laughed again, throwing her head back. Her eyes glinted with madness, showing the darkest part of her psyche.
Pisces tackled her, pinning her wrists to the ground and wrenching the scythe from her hands. He smashed his lips onto hers, wishing desperately to just get her back. He didn't want her like this, in pain and judgement clouded by rage. Please, please, please!
Cancer looked straight at Pisces. Her eyes glowed and voice echoed in the air as she heard his thought ring out into her mind.
"Wish, granted." The scythe wavered on the ground. Virgo sighed as she wrapped her arms around Pisces' neck, mind cleared of its insanity. Umbra slowly slipped off, vanishing in black smoke with his eyes narrowed in disgust.
A flash of light hit the eyes of everyone, blinding them only to reveal an alive and thankfully normal Virgo still laying on the ground, panting. She shook her head in confusion, eyes widening when she realized what'd just happened to her. Virgo tried to sit up, only for her elbows to give out, and for her to faint in Pisces' arms.

All of them went inside, still shaky from what they'd just witnessed. Scorpio and his sister were particularly traumatized, as the pain they'd felt was, although phantom, incredibly real. It was also a very strange miracle that Virgo had survived, much less her body literally sew itself back together. That freaked out all the Earth signs, including Virgo herself, the most.
Virgo shivered as she recalled the feeling of being knitted back together, your own flesh being sewn back to whole by tiny green sprouts. It freaked her the hell out.
What the hell was that?

I don't know, to be honest. Sure doesn't sound good! Anyway, hope you guys like the book so far. It's getting intense!
Also, I'll be writing a new book, starting probably today, with the Zodiacs, but having some differing genders. It's called; What Minds Create. Read it if you enjoy gory stories, because there is going to be a lot of blood in it. I gotta sigh out for now! Adieu!