22- Shifting The Earth

Note: In this chapter, Scorpio becomes a certified bad*ss. Not joking! Why? Well, you'll see...

It had been several days since all the Zodiacs (they decided to call themselves that) had met up in the Emeren's house and gotten their stones. Today was Saturday, and Scorpio hadn't gotten any notifs from said Emerens since the day before. Usually, at least Taurus texted or called him, but no one.
That was until he was called unceremoniously by Virgo when he was trying to read.
Scorpio answered the call, "Uhh... Hello?"
There was an unmistakable note of desperation in Virgo's voice, giving Scorpio the impression something was wrong.
And he was right. Very right, unfortunately.
"Scorpio, thank god! I have little time, but you need to get here, now! There's a guy and he has Taurus and I can't do anything! I've never been so terrified in my life!" The call abruptly cut out. Pisces, who'd been listening to their conversation, stiffened.
"Why... It can't be!" Scorpio looked at Pisces in confusion.
"Can't be what?" He asked. Pisces shook his head and whimpered. Something is wrong, very wrong! Scorpio ran to Cancer's room, where she was drawing... Something, on her notepad. She looked up at him in mild surprise.
"What is it?" Scorpio grabbed Cancer's arm, speaking quickly as he dragged her out of the room.
"Taurus, Virgo, and probably Cap are in trouble! We need to get there, quick!" Cancer, realizing the gravity of the situation, nodded.

Thankfully, Pisces knew how to drive and got them all to the Emeren's house in no time flat. The front door was wide open, and they could hear screaming from inside.
Without thinking, Scorpio burst into the hallway and screamed at his partner's attacker.
"LET GO OF HER!" Taurus was shaking against the wall, an expression of pure terror across her face. Capricorn had collapsed on the floor, Virgo trying to rouse him.
The man grinned maliciously, raising his hand in a gesture of annoyance. Except it stopped right in front of Scorpio, and dark mist began to curl around its fingertips. Taurus wrestled against her attacker's grip, shrieking at Scorpio.
"MOVE!" To everyone's surprise (including his own) Scorpio lunged at the man instead of dodging his attack. He yanked the attacker off Taurus and threw him forcefully to the floor. Of course, the weasel had a plan for this, grabbing Scorpio's arm, which caused him to freeze.

Capricorn was standing now, roused by the crashing of thoughts into his head. He growled at the man- Serpens- taking threatening steps towards him.
"Release him, Serpens, or you're going to regret it!" Serpents laughed coldly.
"And what can you do? You can barely stand!" That was true, it took Capricorn a tremendous effort to walk towards Serpens, stumbling as he did. Thankfully, Cancer caught him, supporting him with her shoulder.
"PATHETIC! Needing your peers to keep you simply alive!" Serpens laughed again, "I have no use for you!"
A wave of rage crashed into Capricorn's thoughts. It was from Scorpio, who's finger was twitching under Serpens' spell. When Capricorn looked at his friend's eyes closely, he realized so etching was different about them.
They were glowing, and their pupils had become sharp slits. Capricorn could tell his friend was fighting hard to break the enchantment and move again. He looked straight at Capricorn and sent out one clear thought.
I... Will... Kill... Him!

Anger burned bright and cold in Scorpio's mind. It seeped into his thoughts and further fueled his effort to fight. Then, a familiar voice came to him.
Your stone! Use your stone!
Cap?
Listen to me! Just use it!
How?
Will it to you! That's what I did!
Scorpio focused on the image of his stone, sea blue with a silver symbol. He centered his thoughts around that one image until a single thought echoed in his head. Come to me.
As if by magic (which it actually was) Scorpio felt the weight if the stone in his hand. It tingled with what he could only describe as power, rushing through him in an instant. Serpens must have noticed this, as he turned back to Scorpio, his eyes locking on the glowing object.
"What is that?" Scorpio grinned at him, able to move now.
"I guess we're both going to find out." He threw it on the ground, shattering it into sparking dust. Then, he shouted a name no one could understand. Well- almost no one. Cap did, of course, he knew Latin.
"Ostium!" As soon as Scorpio spoke, a crack erupted from the ground, and a scorpion the color of midnight emerged from it's depths. Scorpio lowered him hand and it willingly crawled onto his shoulder.