4- Tears Do Leave Scars

Clink! Cancer dropped the knife like it was on fire, staring at the newly formed cut on her wrist. Already, a trickle of dark red liquid trailed down her arm. Gosh, it stung like hell. Gritting her teeth, Cancer picked up the knife again, inhaling sharply as another slit was formed.
"Cancer? I know you're in there! Please, come out!" Scorpio rapped his knuckles on the door, giving a final 'Ah screw it' before swinging the door open and prying the knife from Cancer's hands. He grasped her arm, examining the cuts.
"Cance, please don't do this to yourself!"
Cancer wailed suddenly, collapsing into her brother's arms. "I know, I know. I know it hurts..." He hugged her, tears also leaking from his face, "but this isn't the answer, trust me!" Cancer knew what he was talking about. Last year, Scorpio had done the same as she was doing now, and almost took his own life too. Thankfully, Pisces had found him and stopped him before he could do that. Then she'd gotten worse, finding twisted comfort in the pain she inflicted upon herself.
"It takes my mind off the pain..." That was true. Physical pain was better than emotional pain, and it was a welcome distraction to what she felt so often.
"Only for a little while, then it just makes it worse. What if you really hurt yourself? What then?"
"It's better than this!" Scorpio shook his head,
"No it's not! We need you! I need you! I couldn't bear to be without you, you're my sister!" Cancer's younger brother was also crying now, "and then I'll follow you, and then where will Pi be?"
Cancer thought of her older brother, alone with just their parents. They were loving, but always away on business. It wouldn't take long before...
"How did you find me?"
"I heard you crying, and remember, I used to do that too. Cut myself..." Cancer swallowed. Right... They walked to Cancer's bed, Scorpio laying her down.
"Can you stay with me this time? Please?" Scorpio sighed, his gaze soft.
"Sure, silly. I'll stay." Soon, they both fell asleep on Cancer's bed, curled up into a ball like when they were kids.

Morning. Cancer glanced at Scorpio, who was still sleeping peacefully on the bed. She knew better than to wake him; she could get knocked out in seconds. On accident of course, but it had happened.
His eyes flitted open a few moments later, peering at her.
"Mmm?" He buried his head in the pillow again, trying to go back to sleep, "Nooo!" Cancer giggled. He glared at her, still looking drowsy, "What are you laughing about?"
"Nothing!" Cancer's wrist stung. Cr*p. The cuts from yesterday were still quite fresh, despite the overnight sleep. Cancer went to her bathroom, taking a long shower. She sighed contentedly, the warm water pouring down her face and body, washing away the blood and tears from the previous day.
After she washed her hair and body (careful to not reopen her cuts,) Cancer dabbed some antiseptic cream on her wounds, wincing as the balm stung. Then, she wrapped soft linen bandages around her wrist, making sure it was subtle enough not to be noticed under her gloves.
She reentered her room, a towel wrapped securely around her. Scorpio had left already, presumably to get ready for school. Cancer plucked a silky lavender dress from her closet, slipping it on carefully. She pulled out her trademark lace gloves, a lovely midnight blue that shimmered slightly. They were fingerless, allowing for better grip on things like a pencil or fork, and they expertly concealed the various cuts and bandages on her arms. Pisces, at his sister's request, had sewn in a ribbon she could pull to tighten or loosen the end, so they wouldn't slip off.
Scorpio peeked his head out his door just as Cancer was closing hers. He glanced at her arms, then retreated back into the privacy of his room, shutting the door behind him.
Downstairs, Pisces was waiting at the table, staring at a spot on the wall and humming absentmindedly. Cancer tapped his shoulder lightly and he squeaked, looking up at her in surprise. He was obviously relieved when he realized it was just her. It did seem like she'd broken his focus on... Something. You could never tell with Pi, he always was drifting off into his own world.
"Sorry!" He chuckled sheepishly, "I was spacing out there, wasn't I?"
Cancer nodded, "Yeah, you were." She looked expectantly at him, "Did you have something?" He nodded back.
"And you?"
"No..."
"Then go get something then! And for Scorpi too!" Cancer grabbed some toast from a plate on the dining room table and raced back to her brother. By then, Scorpio had come down the stairs, his hair still damp.
"Thanks!" He took the toast from Cancer and they all rushed out the door to school.