Happy Ending ~ Chapter 6

Logan's POV

Present Day

We had just passed the halfway point in the movie. I was still resting my head lightly on Kendall's lap. I was so absorbed in the movie that I didn't notice when Kendall stopped running his fingers through my hair. I only realized that he had fallen asleep when I heard the soft snores emanating from his throat.

I smiled up at him and all his beauty (okay, I'm starting to sound like a sappy girl, but it's true. He is beautiful). I kissed the back of his hand that he had draped over my chest, and, very carefully, tried to stand without waking him up. He stirred slightly, but just continued his rhythmic snores. I shut off the movie, knowing it wasn't really Kendall's favorite, so he wasn't getting much out of it anyway. I smiled down at his peaceful form, and turned and made my way into the bathroom to take a shower.

I adjusted the water to the perfect temperature, slipped off my clothes, and stepped under the warm stream of water. I stood for a few moments, just letting the water relax my muscles.

I grabbed the shampoo and worked it through my hair, then I washed my body with the only body wash in the shower, James' Cuda body wash (he probably wouldn't be too happy if he found out I used it, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him).

After I turned off the water, I stepped out and wrapped a towel tightly around my waist. I decided, since I could still taste lunch in my mouth, I would brush my teeth while I was in here.

I went into mine and Kendall's shared room, and traded my towel for a clean pair of boxers and jeans. I turned to get a shirt out of the closet, and jumped when I noticed Kendall standing in the doorway.

"Jeez, you scared me!" I placed my hand on my heart, willing it to slow, while glancing at the floor. I looked back at him, and noticed that he had a slightly worried look on his face. This isn't right. Kendall doesn't worry about anything. He supposed to be our group's fearless leader. Yet, here he is, looking more vulnerable than ever. "Baby, what's the matter?"

Kendall walked over and sat down on my bed, placing resting his head on the palms of his hands. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it." He sighed into his hands.

I wasn't taking that excuse. I leaned down in front of him, and grabbed his hands, making him look at me. "Kendall, it's not nothing. I've known you since we were five years old. I can tell when something is bothering you. Now, spill."

He let out his breath he had apparently been holding in a quick puff of air. "I guess I'm just worried about what the fans will think when they finally find out about us."

"What's making you, of all people, so worried about that?"

"The dream I just had." I didn't say anything, just waited for him to elaborate. "We were on tour, and you told me that you were ready to tell all our fans about us because, apparently, you didn't like that all those fan girls were drooling over me."

I chuckled a little. "Yea, that sounds like something I would do. What happened next?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, I agreed…and…we decided that I would be the one to tell them. We were going to be on a talk show the next morning, so I figured that was the best time to talk about it, since they are always asking us if we are dating someone." I nodded my head, so he would continue.

"When we were on the show, we performed our new song "Worldwide". The first question out of the host's mouth was, 'So, that song seems really personal. Are any of you dating anyone?' just like I thought it would be.

"So, I took the opportunity to tell them about us…and they didn't take it too well." This really seemed to be bothering Kendall.

I ran my hand up and down his arm in a comforting gesture. "What did they do?" I had to know what had him so on edge. It was worrying me.