Surprise ~ Chapter 1

(Kendall's POV)

I walked into 2J after finishing a morning swim and noticed a delicious smell emanating from the kitchen. Hmm. Smells like mom's making lunch.

At the sound of my rumbling stomach, my feet automatically started to walk towards the aroma. What I saw next kind of threw me off guard. Logan's making lunch? I don't think I've ever seen him cook before.

With his back facing me and his face in the oven, totally preoccupied with his work (because that's just way he is), he hadn't noticed my entrance. So, I just stood for a few minutes admiring my amazingly, wonderful boyfriend. It took all my will power not to run up to him and kiss him senseless right there.

After about 5 minutes of not saying anything, he still hadn't seen me standing there, so I decided to get his attention.

Moving very stealthily across the tile floor of the apartment, I came to stand behind and wrapped my arms around his waist. He let a little startled gasp and tensed up a little, but after only a second, he relaxed against my touch.

"I thought I told you not scare me like that," he whispered as he laid his head against my shoulder.

"Mmm, you did," I said, placing little kisses all along his neck, "but I wasn't scaring you," kiss, "I was surprising you." kiss, "Those are two totally different actions."

He let a small moan of pleasure, "Yea. Just keep making up excuses," he said, even though he was making no effort to refuse my gentle caresses, or even try to sound even the slightest bit upset with me. He shifted in my arms, turning around to face me. Pressing his hands against my chest, he placed a gentle, chaste kiss to my awaiting lips.

As he pulled away, I grinned, "So, I guess that this means you forgive me?"

"Yes, you're forgiven, but now you're just distracting me," he said sniffing the air behind him. "And if lunch is ruined, it's your fault."

"Aw, don't sweat it, Logie-bear. We could just order take out, cuddle up on the couch and watch your favorite movie," I said as seductively as I possibly could.

Apparently it didn't quite have the effect I wanted, "But, Kenny," Logan said, giving me his puppy dog face he had picked from spending to much time with Katie, "I worked really hard on this meal. I'd hate for it to go to waste." He just had to stick out that pouty bottom lip of his.

I rolled my eyes, I was a total sucker that look, "Alright, what do you need me to do to help?"

His face lit up like a kid's on Christmas morning as he started explaining what I was supposed to do. I started slicing up the rest of the vegetables for the soup he had going. Throwing the occasional glance Logan's way, I began to think about what we had gone through to get to where we were today. It hadn't been easy...

Flashback - 14 months ago

I sat on the orange couch surfing the channels on a quiet Saturday afternoon, thankful that Gustavo had given us a day off to just relax. James had said he was going to go work on his tan, since he hadn't had the chance for a week because of all the rehearsals. Carlos said he was going to the pool too, something about trying out a new dive he had invented to see how many people he could soak at one time. Logan had just simply stated that he was going to look for Camille, and Mom and Katie were out 'bonding' for the afternoon. I was all alone in 2J. Sometimes I enjoyed the time to myself.

I only seemed to get about 20 minutes before I was suddenly startled by the door to the apartment slamming so hard that picture frames on the wall shuddered in response.