54. Jealousy

HARRY

With the rising sun, the darkness around us disappears, revealing one of my military camps situated nearby, a few soldiers already walking about and tending to their duties. After defeating Edgar's soldiers and smothering their poor attempt to kill us, we had to leave the ruined camp behind and come to the closest one where Amelia, Silas, and Lillian should be.

"If I don't eat something right now, I will die," Adrian complains by my side, barely sitting on top of his horse.

"You literally ate two hours ago," I remind him, rolling my eyes.

"Fruit doesn't count," he shoots back. "I need meat."

I let out a light laugh, feeling the weight of exhaustion on my shoulders. I am dirty, hungry, and tired, but most of all, worried about Amelia's well being. The strong ache in my muscles is more prominent now, quite a few bruises and cuts littered over the surface of my skin. I wasn't wearing an armour during the fight, so most of the blows I received have left a mark. I yawn and barely force my eyelids to stay open, my eyes stinging from tiredness.

When we ride into the camp, the soldier's wary expressions get wiped away when they recognise me, all of them simultaneously bowing in respect. I slowly dismount my horse, holding back a hiss of pain when my feet touch the ground, various parts of my body hurting. When I spot Amelia running towards us, every thought about my exhaustion is instantly forgotten. I grin and decide to meet her halfway, catching her in my arms once our bodies collide, my arms wrapping around her waist tightly.

Relief floods through me and I close my eyes for a moment, burying my face into her neck. Even though I don't want to let go, I do so when she starts pulling away. 

"Are you hurt?" We ask at the same time.

"No," comes our identical reply, followed by smiles on our faces.

When I take in her features, I notice she is tired as well after probably staying up all night. "How are Silas, Lilly, and Sofia?"

"All of them are fine-"

"Dog boy!" Silas exclaims, rushing towards Niall and engulfing him in a hug.

Niall groans and makes no effort to return the gesture, his face grimacing in pain. "Ouch."

"No one ever makes an effort to hug me," Adrian begrudgingly mutters behind me. "Just so you all know, it is your loss, I am an excellent hugger."

Amelia lets out a light laugh and approaches him with open arms, pulling him in a hug. Adrian pouts like a small child before caving in and returning the gesture, his dimples appearing on his face when he smiles. I cannot help but smile as well, shaking my head a little.

My smiles vanishes when Amelia hugs Edward next, the muscles in my jaw ticking as I clench it in a sudden rush of anger. Even though she hugs Niall and my father as well, it bothers me she finds that pirate so important to publicly show her affection for him.

"Amie, where are my wife and daughter?" Zayn asks nervously, worry flashing over his face.

"First of all..." she wraps one arm around his shoulders, placing her other hand over the back of his head. He is visibly surprised at first, but he ends up embracing her as well. "You should know they are perfectly alright. And I need to have a little chat with you." She loops her arm around his, whisking him away.

"Your Highness." One soldier places a fist over his chest and bows to me, earning my attention. Dozens of men surround us, showing me the same amount of respect. I don't fail to notice how they all exchange glances amongst themselves, insecurity and slight nervousness visible on their features.