19. Dead men tell no tales

AMELIA

AMELIA

"We're all going to die," Silas says. "Well technically, I'll get a chance to reincarnate since I have powers-"

"No you don't," Zayn flatly remarks.

"-but the rest of you won't be so lucky, so I believe it is best you get your brains working to get us out of here," Silas finishes.

A groan vibrates in Prince Harry's chest as his eyelids slowly lift, pink lips parting slightly. Quickly, I dash towards him and kneel down, my eyes worriedly searching his face, hands gently clasping his cheeks. "Hey. Are you all right?"

"I believe so... where are we?" He asks slowly, his eyes taking in our surroundings, brows furrowing. Confusion washes over his features when he notices metal bars and wooden walls around us, the constant rocking of the ground and the sound of water slapping against the outer walls being a clear sign we are prisoners on a ship.

"On Earth," Silas says, his back pressed against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, a pout on his face. "But if you want to get more specific, The Border, locked on a ship, and in deep shit."

"People I thought were loyal to me have turned against me and kidnapped you for ransom. They had someone tracking us and they knew we were coming," I explain, my anger only rising.

"Who are those men?" He demands in confusion.

"Pirates," Zayn replies calmly.

"Why did you have pirates as your guards in the first place?" He looks at me, patiently waiting for my reply.

"They... they used to work for my father," I mumble reluctantly, glancing at my sister, noticing her confused expression.

"But our father was an honourable sailor working for King Edgar's navy, not a pirate..." Lilly says quietly. "Amie?"

"That is a bit more... nicer version of the real tale," Silas says. "Just tell her, Amelia, she's now old enough to know. And I think the Prince should find out, too."

My face slightly falls as I look away. "You may think low of me once I tell you the truth."

The Prince's hand finds my own, fingers slotting between mine. "That shall never happen. No matter what you say or do, I know who you are."

Silas suddenly shrieks, jumping away from the wall, flailing his hands. "Rat, oh my God, it's a rat!" He shudders, trying to step on it.

"Wait no, don't hurt it! Careful!" Lilly exclaims, grabbing his arm and pulling him behind her.

"They are awake," a gruff voice says, my gaze shifting to the side, seeing one of the crew members standing there with a smirk on his face, revealing a set of yellow teeth. "Cap'n will be glad to hear that."

"I demand to see him," I say firmly, lifting my chin a little.

"He decides who sees him and when, lass," he snaps at me. "But I wouldn't mind your company." He winks, shamelessly devouring me with his dirty gaze.