Twenty Seven

Hi hoes I'm back yay enjoy

I turn the corner expecting to see Lia's hands still around Aiden's neck but the only thing I see is an almost empty scotch glass and Aiden's jacket on the couch where he placed it. I sigh in slight relief before making my way to the couch.

I need to figure this out.

I have been stripped off literally any control I have for the rest of this fucking week and I have to deal with a maid, no, the Head maid, trying to get in my bed with my future husband which called me a runaway and immature.

Which reminds me, I need to figure out how I'm gonna actually continue this week when the thought of looking at him makes me gag.

You know what? I'm going to be the bigger person. I am going to forget this even happened, deal with his fucking bipolar opinions about me for the remainder of this week and then I can start working on my father's business.

That's it. I am going to be the perfect 50's wife. At least for the next couple of days.

Happy with my plan, I curl up into my blanket and open my book to continue reading.

-

I jump up from my sleep as a loud bang echoes through the living room. I look around rapidly before calming down as I see the book I was reading on the floor. It had a hardcover and that most have been the cause of the noise. I look up at the window to see a pale shade of blue covering the dim sky. The sun must be about to rise.

I grab the book and a pillow before placing them in front of the wall length window. The view was so relaxing and in order to become this submissive, cooperative wife I need to seriously have a few more moments to myself.

I make my way to the kitchen and look through the cabinets to find a glass. I manage to find some tea bags and make myself a drink before I head back to the window and sit down on the pillow, continuing to read through the third chapter as I wait for the sun to rise, wanting to delay this process as much as possible, knowing that when the sun rises so will someone I don't want to talk to.

I turn the page before taking another sip of the tea as the sun emerges across the horizon.

The calming vibes were destroyed when footsteps suddenly echoed through the hallways. I roll my eyes at before taking another sip of my tea.

The footsteps get louder and louder until they suddenly stop. I take one more sip before placing the cup down, ignoring him and continuing to read.

I planned on saying something like, 'Good morning honey! What would like for breakfast?' But I realized that was much harder then expected, so instead of making a snappy remark I'm just going to stay silent.

"Hey." He spoke.

I turn my head to see him dressed, of course, in a suit.

"Hi." I respond with a slight smile as I turn back and continue to read.

"Breakfast should be ready in an hour." He says.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Six thirty." He responds. I nod before focusing back on my book.

"Did you sleep?" He asks.

"Uh... Yeah." I reply, still focusing on my book before I stop and turn back to him.

"That reminds me, let's not tell anyone we didn't sleep in the same bed, or else we'll have to start Trial week again." I tell him before turning back to the book.

"Yes, that's for the best." He says.

We stay in silence for a bit as I continue to read my book and he does whatever he does.