Ten

Okay, first of all I am so sorry I didn't update because fucking midterms and the whole IB system is fucked up. I honestly envy SAT students. Well here's an update. Enjoy and fucking inline comment.

I unlock the bathroom, stepping out slowly.

"You okay?" Aiden asks as his eyes stared into mine. 

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I say with a slight laugh as I sit back down.

He turns to me, his expression turning serious and I could instantly tell that he wasn't buying my response and thought it was bullshit, which it was. His eyebrow raises as he looks straight into my eyes intimidatingly.

He wanted me to look away. He wanted me to submit.

I remember this very clearly. A lesson my dad taught my brother. 

It was when I was thirteen, the stage of my life where I was changing drastically from a small child to the person I am now. Dad had been having secret meetings with my brother and after three sections I felt the need to intrude.

I hide in the bathroom of my father's office, the door slightly open, I sat on the marble floor, my back against the opposite wall and I listened to every word.

"Okay we're going to take two lessons. The first is drinking, the second is staring." Father said.

"My two favorite hobbies." My sixteen-year-old brother said making my father laugh.

"Then we should be done quickly." Father continued, he proceeded to teach my brother about what cup is used for what drink, when to drink, how to drink, how to stay sober after too many drinks. All information that I still use now when I can afford to drink or go to a celebration at the restaurant.

After both of them share a toast and down their drinks they went on to talking about staring. 

"The eyes are the gates to the soul." Father said.

"Aren't they the window to the soul?" My brother asked.

"No, not if you can read the eyes correctly. Windows you have to climb through, doors you can just walk in calmly. You can tell anything from the way someone looks at you. Women that are interested will give you a look of desire or love, their pupils will dilate..." My father continued to explain different ways that the eye can give you information on someone.

"We covered women, enemies, friends, scammers and now the way fellow powerful men look. They stare. Just like you they know the art of the eye, they will stare deep into your eyes, preying away every layer until they reach your most vulnerable state. Never look away. A staring contest is a battle of dominance. You look away and you've lost. You've submitted. You're vulnerable." 

I come back to the present, my eyes never leaving his as we both fight for dominance. He was trying to know why I was lying. I look for signs of desire and love, there is none. Enemies, friends, scammers none. One category left which is what I assumed it would be, powerful men.

His eyebrow shot up when I meet his stare. I spent countless nights practicing this with myself in the mirror and after I was kicked out I never really thought I would use it, but here I am.

"Sir, it's-" The maid came in but stopped as she sees both. We both don't look away and she is forced to continue.

"S-Sir, would you like me to prepare lunch?" She stutters out.

"No." We say in sync. 

I'm sure he ate already and I was used to eating a meal every day and good that chicken from yesterday still made me moan and it wasn't the time to talk about food.