"I don't know." Zayn whispered before placing a kiss on his curls.

They didn't say anything for a long time after that. Just kept on holding each other as millions and millions of questions ran through their minds.

"Let's run away." Zayn proposed suddenly. It was something he had been thinking about for quite a few days. What if they ran away from there? From people's judgement, from their cruel words, from everything. He felt Harry chuckle against his neck but said nothing.

"No really, let's run away. From everything."

Harry pulled away a bit to get a proper look at Zayn. He must have thought Zayn was joking because his goofy smile turned into a frown when he saw how serious Zayn was.

"You can't be serious, Zayn." Harry looked at him seriously. "You have everything here. Your family, career, Perrie - everyone is here. You can't just leave them."

"Fuck, the career. The management, they just want us because we bring money."

"What about your family? And Perrie?" At that Zayn shut up. He really didn't think about them.

"I - I don't know."

"Zayn." Harry cupped a side of his face. His voice was soft and calming, something that Zayn always craved. "I know it gets hard, but we have to face them, love." Zayn closed his eyes when he felt Harry softly rubbing a thumb on his cheekbones. "We are in this together, yeah?"

"Yeah." Zayn nodded before leaning forward and joining their foreheads together. Harry gave him an eskimo kiss, an act that made Zayn smile.

"I'm gonna kiss you now." Harry whispered, to which Zayn let out a soft chuckle.

Harry let out a laugh as well before Zayn leaned in more and closed the gap between their lips himself.

When they laid in each other's arms that night, after a heavy make out session and them giving each other a much-needed hand job in the shower, Zayn finally decided to blurt out the words that had been on his mind for a while.

"Harreh?" Zayn whispered in the dark of Harry's room. Harry hummed from where his head was resting on Zayn's bare chest, tracing random patterns on the tanned skin. His damn curls tickling Zayn's chin.

"Do you think what we have between us, could be more than friends with benefits?" Zayn let out his words carefully.

They never discussed what their relationship status was - if they were just friends who kissed and fucked often, or they were boyfriends in an open relationship or something like that. Zayn didn't want Harry to feel pressured. So, he thought, using the term "friends with benefits" would be safe.

"Friends with benefits?" Harry asked and for the first time, Zayn thought that he couldn't read Harry's voice. There was nothing. Not even a trace of emotion. Zayn didn't know if he said something wrong.

"Um, I mean yeah?" Zayn's voice came out as a question. "I mean, we started this thing between us when Louis got Eleanor. You were alone, and I was there. So, I guess I was a rebound? Then we kept up with that stuff, we both enjoyed doing them together and now we are here. So, I guess we are friends with benefits?"

"Oh" Harry's voice was quiet when he said it. "Is that what you think of us? A friendship that contains sexual benefits?"

Zayn didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. He was still comprehending if he said something to offend Harry, but Harry wouldn't give him anything.

"I didn't mean to offend you, Haz. I just didn't know how to label our friendship." Zayn whispered, running his fingers through his curls. "So, do you think we could be more than what we are right now?" Zayn asked, quite impatiently. He needed to know the answer. He needed to know if Harry felt the same about him.

He needed to know if they could be something more.

"You were never a rebound." Harry said quietly. He didn't answer the question Zayn had been wanting him to answer though and it was bothering him so much.

"But -"

"Let's sleep, Zayn. We have a concert tomorrow." Harry placed a kiss right above Zayn's heart before hugging him tightly. Zayn didn't think anything of it because he knew, Harry was a cuddler. So, he wrapped his arms around Harry and pulled him even closer to his chest.

"Goodnight, Haz." He whispered before kissing his curls. "Love you."

"Goodnight, Z."

Zayn ignored the weird feeling in his stomach when Harry didn't say the "love you" back for the first time they had been on this "friends with benefits" thing.

Maybe, Harry is just sleepy - he thought. But when that kept happening every time after that night, Zayn started thinking that maybe, Harry didn't return his feelings.

After three weeks, Zayn got the news of Harry and Taylor Swift's break up from internet.

That day, for the first time Zayn Malik realised that Harry Styles, was indeed a mystery in his own way.

*********
I know you guys were kinda getting tired of short chapters and fillers 😂

So here's a long chapter!

Hop y'all liked it :)

Love/loce y'all. xx