Bonus: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

I could see every detail on Nathan… His pink lips were slightly curled into a shy smile. I could see the top of a love bite I had given him a few days earlier. The purple pinkish tint to his skin was still there, letting everyone know he was mine… His hair had been cut and styled almost to perfection. I say almost because his bangs loved to flip up a bit. I could hear his heart, beating quickly. His fingers created a small spark of electricity every time he touched me… 

Even after all of this time, I still feel my complete devotion for him… 

“Jake?” I blinked, the world suddenly moving once again. I looked beside me. The Officiant was watching me, awaiting my answer. I paused.

“I-I’m sorry… I was just… Watching… Uh, Nathan…” I felt my face get hot, and I heard giggles. The Officiant smiled.

“I see… Jake Metias Atkinson and Nathan Leo Greene, I would ask that you both remember to treat yourself and each other with dignity and respect; to remind yourself often of what brought you together today. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your marriage deserves. When frustration and difficulty assail your marriage - as these do to every relationship at one time or another - focus on what still seems right between you, not only the part that seems wrong. And if each of you will take responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.” I watched as a tear slipped down Nathan’s cheek. I gently reached out and wiped it away. 

“I love you.” I mouthed. Nathan smiled and let his cheek rest in my hand. 

“Jake, will you have this man to be your wedded husband?”

 “I will.” I smiled. 

“Will you love and comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?” I nodded a bit.

“I will.” Nathan’s grip on my hand tightened. 

“Nathan, will you have this man to be your wedded husband?” Another tear from Nathan.

“I-I will…” His voice was weak, trying not to cry. 

“Will you love and comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?” Nathan bit his lip, pausing. He took a shaky breath in.

“I will...” 

“To enter into full marriage, please take your partner’s left hand and repeat after me.” I took Nathan’s left hand and pulled the ring from my pocket. “I, Jake, take you, Nathan, to be my husband.”

“I, Jake, take you, Nathan, to be my husband.” I gently slid the ring onto his shaky finger. 

“To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live.” The Officiant finished.