Compartamentalizing

I trudge up the dusty stairs up to my controled space. Slamming the broken wooden door behind me, back against it's wooden surface, I slowly slide down untill my butt hits the other hard wooden surface--the floor. I pull my legs inward, holding myself into a tight ball. I had the unability to cry. There was not much more one like me could do.

I didn't have the power to destroy something.

Only had the power to watch, and stare in sorrow with regrets.

After I was gone, everyone on my squad's lives would be made misserable. They'd never see each other again. Become the ones who die. Become nothing more than what I deserved.

Getting up from my panic thinking ball, I paced, silently over to the dirty window, opening it fully, almost to the breaking point. The light shined in, filling the room with such a brillance golden color. I pushed the bed out of the way, before falling on the floor, to sit in the golden light of such brillance.

"The light...." I mummered. Where was it when you needed it? Where was it...? I could see it, but it was not with me.

The morning breeze crept though my hair, sweeping it back whle the sun burned my face like a well-lit lantern, burning for hours. I feel to the floor, basking in the light.

Currling up into a ball on the floor, I decided a nap would be the best for my helpless soul to forget the morning's events along with what the world would potery for me next.

~~~

"So you're Hosoi Sakakura? Regret's one and only apperentice?" The girl appearantly named Paw asked Hosoi, while he made a list of things they needed from the store....wherever one was. Regret had ran miles and not ran even close to a town, or even a road besides the one that leads up to the house, or so Nayame'd told him. He didn't mind it out here, the place was nice, even if the location wasn't convient. He was closer to Regret. Even if she was hard, and different from what he had known her as.

"Yeah-I-I mean yes sir!!"

"Relax, Only 'Gret's that hard. You're fine around us. As long as the others and comanders aren't here. And most of them don't care"

"Most" Nayame copied. "And then there's 'Gret for you. Her trainer...he was the best of all times, no one has ever seen anyone--but 'Gret who was better than him. That's why so many people are after her, and she's like that. Wants to be treated nice when she's dead, with all dignity and respect."

"But doesn't she want respect while she's still liv-"

"That's nonsense for her. She can't have respect because of who she is."

"But-" Hosoi protested

"Think about it" Nayame barked. "We humans judge people too fast. We have our minds set to think one way about someone before we even say a word to them. If they wear black, we think they're depressed. If they say they like cake, we think they're fat. They say they like vegtables, we think they are one of those health nerds. They say they like school, we think they are a nerd. You get it? This is how us humans think. Aren't we pitiful souless creatures? We don't give people a chance."

"That's why a second chance is important. Don't you see? Regret openly gave me a second chance after saying goodbye. She didn't judge me. She just gave me a second chance after observing what I did. If you see someone do something, then you can base your observation off of that. You get it?"

"He spoke up to a....." Paw trailed off. She shook her head in disbelief. No one ever spoke back to Nayame, but 'Gret. And that was because Regret always had to prove her point.

Nayame looked at him in the same disbelief. She couldn't believe him either.

"You've got some real guts pal, real guts" Paw finished. She petted Adolf on the head, watching Nayame boil over. Hosoi panted from his shouting.

"Regret is different than others. She's on the other side of all of this. She knows what it feels like. You can see it in her eyes. It's been there since the day I found her!"

"You found her?!?!"

light footsteps were heard comming down the stairs, but were mainly ignored for all of the shouting over each other.

~~~

I hung my head, letting my hair cover my face, having one hand on the wall to the kitchen, and the other clenched into a tight fist. I closed my eyes, before screaming, "ENOUGH!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!"

The hard floor beneath my feet spiked upward towards the celling. Nayame and Paw lept into action to stop it before it left the house in a pile of sediment and rubble. They sliced the floor with swords made also of the floor as if it were nothing, and just a waist of their pathetic time to do this.

"Regret...."

"It's hard for one to sleep with all you waisting your pathetic lives bickering and sparing. Stop dying for a change. Put the reamianing time you have left in your hourglass on the line and fight to keep it each and every day." with saying that, I turned away and headed back up to take a nap in the controled space.