Scars

She sat there, looking down at her hands. The walls of the bathroom stall seemed to cave in, as she thought about what had just happend.

She gritted her teeth. She didn't want any of their pity. They did not know what she was going through. They had no idea.

Remember, she thought, remember.

Tears fell from her eyes. She couldn't bear this struggle anymore.

She leaned back onto the toilet seat and felt goosebumps forming on her arms as she remembered. She shuddered and tried to stop herself, but she couldn't.

His tiny face giggled and he said, ''Rememba. Rememba,''. He gurgled. His voice was high and beautiful. He had piercing blue eyes, and new rosy cheeks. His skin was blubbery and soft. He was warm in her arms.

And then, a muscular male figure had ran in, with his eyes blood-shot and a malicious smile on his lips. A black object was in his hands. He had laughed, and then...it was all over. Blood covered her arms.

Screams echoed in her mind. 

She realized she actually was screaming, there in the bathroom stall. She covered her ears, trying to keep it all in. But she couldn't.

Her screams were only silenced when the bells screamed out their own song. She felt such hatred for the world she lived in. Her life was only filled with this black hatred in her heart.

She didn't want to leave that stall. She wanted to stay on this isolated island. But, her feet led her out of that stall. She had tried to stay. But her cold heart said she couldn't.

Later that day, she walked home slowly, trying to slow down time. She didn't want to go home. She knew her back would be filled with scars before the day was over.

And then, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around. 

Green eyes looked back at her. She was filled with anger. She turned back around.

''Look, I'm really sorry, '' he said. 

She stayed silent. She always stayed silent.

She heard him sigh.

''I know I am an idiot. All I have to show that I am human, is my adventures. And in many of my adventures, I have failed. I am so sorry I even tried to talk to you. And if it helps, I have something for you''.

She listened. She faced him. His hands revealed a tuna-sandwich. 

It was the most decent food she had seen in weeks. She inspected his face, carefully. His eyes were looking down and his cheeks were red.

She carefully reached out and took the sandwich. He looked up and smiled. 

''Thank you'', he whispered, ''Thank you''.

And for the first time in years, she felt like she could trust someone. She carefully opened the plastic wrap and hungrily ate the sandwich. The bread was  rich and the tuna was great. It settled in her stomach. They started to walk again. 

''I live over there'', said Ash, pointing to a house that was 2 blocks away from hers. She nodded and pointed to her own house. It looked pretty normal, until you stepped inside.

Ashton smiled. He wasn't one of those people who asked her to speak. He understood what she meant. 

''Well, my mom's expecting me. Bye.'', he said, looking a little sad to go. She nodded and then walked slow steps to her own house. She walked inside. Her step-father was smoking in the middle of the living room. 

''You home already?'', he said mokingly. 

She said nothing.

''What? Dead-brother got your tongue?'', he laughed.

She took one step towards him. He immediatley gave her a hard punch in the face. His knuckles left a purple mark behind. She still stood.

Next, he smacked her and kicked her in the gut. Pain took over her body and she struggled to breath. And still she stood, but her eyes were watery from the pain. She could barely see her mother walk in. Her mother helped her step-father finish her off. 

She ended up on the floor with a black eye, and huge bruises on her face. She gasped as she saw blood. And then, they left her there, lying on the floor, with all her scars laughing at her.