Chapter 10- I Just Let You Leave

The next day I wake up later than I usually do, maybe because of the events of last night and how draining they were. It all happened like flashes of light, Charlotte hugging me, Brandon crying, Zion and I.... I suddenly remember falling asleep in Zions embrace, I rub my eyes and roll over to face his side of the bed. I reach for him but all I touch is the bed sheets. I frown and reach for my phone (mind you that that is actually there). I turn my phone on and the brightness of the screen illuminates my face leaving my sleepy eyes sorta blind. I smile sheepishly at my lock screen which is a picture I took on the day I arrived in LA.

 I smile sheepishly at my lock screen which is a picture I took on the day I arrived in LA

(please ignore the portuguese date)

I notice I have a notification and I click on it even though I couldn't read it properly. It's a text from Zion from about 20 minutes ago.
//
Zion the lion♥️
babe we're gonna hit up the studio we'll be back by lunch time. love u, Z.
//
I quickly type a text back.
//
me
don't take too long, I miss u already, love u too.
//
-Ughhh- I say out loud dragging myself out of bed. It's still 10am I have like 2 hours until the boys are back. I sigh at the thought of how boring these two hours are gonna be. I quickly pick an outfit, I decide to steal one of Zion's hoodies cause I felt like it. I pair Zion's grey hoodie with some ripped black jeans and white converse. I cuddle myself in the couch while watching TV and feel comfortable and cozy with Zion's cologne smell on my body. I have serious "first time being apart" anxiety right now. I miss him already, his warmth, his smell, his existence. Ugh if this is what I feel now imagine what I'm going to be feeling next week when I get on a plane back to Canada. My heart sinks at the unbearable thought of not waking up to Zion's goofy smile in the morning. About an hour and a half later all spent watching TV I hear the door crack open just as I was about to close my eyes and drift back to sleep. I excitedly get up from the couch and walk towards the front door only to crash into someone I could very distinctively recognize. The snake herself, Malu Trevejo.
-They still put the extra key under the welcome mat- she says waving the extra key around. She stares at me from head to toe-So you're that one side chick right? Thought Sayon had better taste.
-Excuse me- I say stepping towards her and looking down at her in despise- Sayon has his taste buds just in the right place and child- I say emphasizing the words "Sayon" and "child", mocking her- I know Zion has great sight too since he saw right through you and your disrespectful ass, so you can take your sassy pants off.
-Really? That's not what he texted me last night when he was sexually frustrated and crawled into my bed- she said with a shady smile planted on her dumb lips.
-Please that's hella illegal and he would nev..
-Here- she interrupts me pointing her phone at my face showing texts between her and Zion from last night.
//
Babe
i need u to come through
Me (malu)
I'm on my way boo
Babe
No, I'll come meet you at your place
Me (malu)
oofff see u soon daddy
//
My heart sinks. My breathing gets faster and faster. I feel my throat tightening and tears forming behind my eyes. I see her take on a victorious look. I hear a car pull up outside. My heart beats fast as the door opens revealing Zion followed by the rest of the boys. I instantly run to my room and lock the door behind me as I fall to the ground and hug my knees.
"He would never do something like that to you Becca" I think. But then my thoughts spiral, "but there's so many theories about Zion and Malu and he started following her again just a few days before you came here", "he's just with you cause he pity's you I mean look at you". I hear yelling outside and a door slamming shut. A few seconds after that I hear knocking on my bedroom door.
-Bec?- someone asks.
-Who is it?- I ask trying to disguise my damaged voice.
-It's B- says Brandon.
I open the door instantly and he stares at me for a while, covered in tears. He then comes in the room and shuts the door behind him. I pace fast towards him and throw my arms around him, crying heavily on his shoulder.
-Hey- he says soothingly- you'll be okay Bec you're so strong- he adds softly rubbing my back.
-I shouldn't be overwhelming you with my problems right now- I say letting go of him- I'm sorry- I say quickly wiping my eyes.
-Don't be silly- he says pulling me back into his embrace.
We just stand there for a while, him continuously soothing me by whispering "it'll be okay" and me sobbing into his shoulder.
When we pull out I stare at him in complete seriousness.
-Where is he?- I ask.
-He went to tame that little kid- he replies making me chuckle weakly- I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of her mouth B, really I wouldn't. You should talk to Zion first okay?- he asks with a genuine and caring smile on his lips making me momentarily forget all that happened in the last 20 minutes. I nod at Brandon and he steps up towards me putting his hand on my chin and lifting it up.
-Don't let your head down princess, or your crown might slip- he says with a sweet smile before leaving the room. How can someone be so genuinely kind and sweet? It's actually beyond my understanding. I sit on the sofa bed and think about what I'm gonna do. Before I can decide I hear someone knock on the door again.
-Can I come in?- says a voice. I recognize it as Zion's. I don't respond I simply walk towards to door and open it slowly. I see Zion and he stares at me with tired eyes.
-Hey- he says stepping towards me and reaching for my hand. I step back dodging his hand.
-Come in- I say with my gaze stuck on the floor.
-Thanks- he replies stepping inside the room.