The trembling Lúthien, revealed herself once again. Even though she was still shaking like crazy, she couldn't help but be intrigued. He chuckled to himself, seeing her such distress even though there was absolutely nothing to fear. If he was honest, it was quite adorable.

Thranduil sat on the edge of the bed, holding the surprise behind him as Lúthien began to come out hiding. She was confused to find that there wasn't in fact a surprise there.

"All right, I'm going to give you my surprise. But you must promise to always take care of him, because he will always be there to watch over and protect you." Thranduil advised, he realized that the more he spoke, the more Lúthien became distracted and forgot to be afraid. "Do you swear to always care and love him?"  She nodded her head eagerly, not even knowing what he was holding. The little elfling was so sure about this, she looked like she couldn't possibly want anything more in her life.

"Okay, here it is." Thranduil said holding the stuffed rabbit in front of her face. Lúthien sort of stared at it for few moments, he assumed she didn't like it at first. Soon after she gasped in excitement, grabbing hold of the soft animal. Even though she held it, Lúthien didn't dare snatch it from his hands. "Go on, it's yours." Thranduil smiled down at her and she gently pulled it from his grasp.

He watched happily and she admired the stuffed rabbit in awe. After a minute, Lúthien was already hugging the soft creature as if it were the only precious thing in the world.

"Lu...Lur..." she mumbled, completely shocking the Eleven King. Lúthien furrowed her brows in frustration and she attempted to say this word. "Luriel...ním? What does....Lurielním mean?"  She asked holding the rabbit close to her face, almost as if she was afraid he'd get upset if she said the wrong thing.

"It uhh..." he couldn't believe she was finally speaking after all this time. "It means little spirit. I'm not exactly sure why I said that but, it just seemed to me like it would suit you."

"Little spirit?" She asked, her eyes sparkling

"Yes, the little spirit from deep within the forest."

"I like it." Lúthien smiled happily at the Elven King "Thank you sir." She said sheepishly

"No Lurielním." He corrected softly "My name is Thranduil."

"Thran...duil?"

"That's right."

"Thranduil...I promise to take good care of this bunny."

"Alright then, never forget it Lúthien. Remember he'll always be here for you, so you won't be afraid anymore."

"Okay!" She giggled, forgetting that she had been terrified earlier. The rabbit really was helping.

                                       *+*

"I guess she's not afraid anymore." The King said to himself, leaving Lúthien's chambers...

In almost one weeks time, Lúthien and the guards rode up to the small farm that sat in the middle of nowhere. It was just grassy green hills for miles on end. As the approached the farm, they could see cows and horses grazing peacefully.